I was reading emails and the screen went blank and came up with the JVM545 error. From reading on the boards it sounds like I need to wipe the OS and reload. I am on work travel so I don't have my personal computer to reload the OS and I cannot install and software on my work computer.

Will the VZW store be able to fix this for me?

Even if they can I am not going to be able to stand there for an hour while they reload the OS.

Is this a bad enough error to get a replacement phone?
    11-24-09 01:10 PM
    I am using the latest release of the OS and the only 3rd party app is opera mini.
    11-24-09 01:12 PM
    From what VZW reps have told me, they cannot wipe, load, or reload firmware because of an information security (Infosec) issue. I asked them, at one point, to update my Curve (when they told me and before I found this site) and they refused. I would just wait to go home.
    11-24-09 03:09 PM
    Any predictions if I bring it in to the store??
    11-24-09 05:32 PM
    I say they will replace it for you, no questions asked.
    11-24-09 07:31 PM
    How long have you had the phone. If it's a software issue and you've had the phone for more than thirty days the only two options they are likely to give you are:

1) Contact Asurion (if you're paying for their service) and wait for a replacement phone
    2) Reload the firmware on your own

VZW doesn't like exchanging phones in store, especially since the Storm1 is in such limited quantities (so people here on the boards are saying) in stores. They may not even have one on hand to give to you if they decided an exchange was merrited.

And I know they will not upgrade you to a S2 for a firmware issue.
    11-24-09 08:54 PM
    I've had the phone since March - so way more than 30 days but less than the 1 year warranty. I do not have insurance on it.

I would settle for an exchanging for a refurb Tour rather a Storm 2 but even that might be a long shot.

Would be it better to call than go to the store?
    Last edited by fuel4300; 11-24-09 at 09:30 PM.
    11-24-09 09:05 PM
    I took it to the store and they reloaded the OS. I haven't had any issues since.
    11-30-09 12:22 PM
    Cool! Glad you got it fixed. I thought they would just replace it for you. Most people at the stores don't know how to reload an OS.
    11-30-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD