When I type "/"/ in the menu screen, i get an event log with a warning. Does anybody know anything about this? Apparently if you type alt lg in the other models you go to the same page. What happens if you erase or delete this info?
    Thanks
    07-21-09 03:54 PM
    Nothing is wrong and you can delete it. It just records the functions your phone does.

PS if you search event log in the search it does wonders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 04:02 PM
    I clear EL daily. Can't be disabled.
    07-21-09 04:04 PM
    thanks a lot
    07-21-09 04:06 PM
    I clear EL daily. Can't be disabled.
    One can hide all event logs, so when you type "/"/ there will be no log. Isn't that similar to disabling? In other words it doesn't keep track of phone functions, or errors, thus not causing a memory leak.
    07-21-09 05:44 PM
    When I type "/"/ in the menu screen, i get an event log with a warning. Does anybody know anything about this? Apparently if you type alt lg in the other models you go to the same page. What happens if you erase or delete this info?
    Thanks
    Nothing happens...its just log of the phone/apps running..might help for the phone programmers to troubleshoot any crashes etc...For a normal user, its useless...
    07-21-09 07:04 PM
    Hiding the log does not stop the device from writing to it. Either clear it manually to recover the space it is using or get an app like LogMaid or, my personal choice FTW, is Meterberry which can be set to clear the log hourly when idle or run a manual clean with the touch of a button.
    07-21-09 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD