I have been through the process of removing the browser, installing the "generic" AT&T service books and then re-installing the browser countless times over the last 4 days. The situation is always the same, I end up with no Browser icon and a message saying that I don't have a service book for the browser... I have been scouring Google and this site looking for answers, but everything I have found and tried has given me the same result...

This is a 9550 that was originally branded Verizon, but I got it unlocked and am using my Cingular (AT&T) SIM card that came out of my 8820. (In case you are wondering I backed up my Service Books from the 8820 and tried those in the 9550 and got the same result.) The phone is running OS 5.0.0.320.

Here is what happens. After I go through the above process the phone reboots, goes to 'GSM' and I can see the browser icon, it then goes to 'edge' and shortly jumps to 'EDGE' when it makes the jump to 'EDGE' it takes away the browser icon from the screen and when I try to use the browser it tells me I don't have a service book for it.

The generic service books load 32 records. After the phone is back online and hits the 'EDGE' again that number drops to 18... Something is re-provisioning the phone and wiping the browser service book(s) in the phone.

BBM, Google Maps, etc. all work fine. So, I now I am getting data. I can even run the Bolt browser. But, without the BB Browser the phone is seriously hamstrung! I know people have made this combination work, but I am at my wits end and would love some help. If there is anything I can provide to make this happen please let me know. Feel free to PIN me!
    11-29-09 02:54 PM
    This needs to move to the S2 forum.
    11-29-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD