My first storm did this... couldn't figure it out... Verizon sent me a new one... Working fine for a week and now we're back to the same thing...

When a call, text, e-mail, etc. comes in... it will vibrate and beep 3 times no matter what is set in the sound profiles. I've tried all the standard profiles and have setup a custom with the same results. While in the profile manager, if you switch through the optional ringers, nothing happens. When you click try it, nothing happens.

I've tried pulling the battery, etc...

Any ideas?
    04-12-09 08:45 PM
    are the actual ringtones you have set up in the settings deleted from device memory/memory card?
    04-12-09 09:15 PM
    Try editing the vibration settings, in the sound profile, under vibrate..you can make it short and to only pulse once. I had the same issue with no ringing when i got mine. after editing the vibration settings it works fine every time now.
    04-12-09 09:27 PM
    The ringtones are stock. I haven't installed any. Just those that came with it. Thanks.
    04-12-09 10:01 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Verizon replaced once. It happened again (thought it had to do with my BES server) and i was able to completely wipe with CrackUtil and load OS back to clear (took a couple times). Happened again now and i'm unable to clear it up by wiping and reloading. It's like someone infurs above, it's like it doesn't recognize the standard ringtones loaded. Aarrgh!
    06-06-09 10:56 AM
    After complete wipe with CrackUtil and reload (and it still beeps 3 times), i did a battery pull for 15+secs and that cleared it up. Not sure why it gets into this state though and battery pull does NOT clear it up without OS reload.
    06-06-09 11:08 AM
    I've deducted it was the BES... I've since fired up work/BES on my Curve 8900... wiped the Storm, blew on code .148, and am using personally without any issues... Works great if I don't have it tied to my work/BES account...

Very odd....
    06-06-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD