Umm ok having been going through the posted threads good and bad over the last few weeks, I notice that it is the US guys that are having the most problems with their storms, I have seen a few UK problems but not nearly as many as the US.

Another thing is that the problems seem to occur with the 9530 and not with the 9500 so much - was this because the 9530 came out before the 9500?

I have not seen a 9530 advertised over here neither do they get sent out from Vodafone - I know a few people now that have the Storm over here and none of them have a 9530.

I think that it would be useful to find out which model has the most problems also they seem to be on different versions of the operating system which has confused me a little - but then I only update through DT anyway so its official and they cant moan at me .....

Just an observation
    12-08-08 07:24 AM
    9530 is for NA only while the 9500 is for the rest of the world. That is why you have not seen it over there where you are. Also the 9500 came out a week before the 9530. I think you see more issues with the 9530 compared to the 9500 because there are more members that are in NA.
    12-08-08 07:27 AM
    Ah quite likely then thanks for that ...

My observations were also based on the fact that apart from the lag and the rotating problem (which seem to have been cureed with the latest release yesterday) I have not seen problems that are on the 9530 on the 9500 - so if the 9530 was released after the 9500 and the 9500 didnt have them it seemed strange that nearly 95% of user complain about the 9530 and very few on the 9500??

Again just my observation and in the grand scheme of things not very important .....
    12-08-08 07:33 AM
    Are you referring to hardware or software issues? I think that the new OS release for the 9530 has solved many of the issues that most user complain about. Also where was your Storm made? Most of the NA versions were made in Canada or Mexico.
    12-08-08 07:53 AM
    Mine was made (9500) in Mexico ... to date I had the slow speed issue which seems to have been resolved and I have the rotating screen responce problem which has now also been fixed other than that its a learing curve more than problems - things have moved in this OS from the other BB O/S's so its a case of getting used to it - especially the typing
    12-08-08 08:02 AM
    basically the only difference in the 2 is one has cdma and one doesn't...

the os is pretty much the same ...

so think your taken it to far

I agree that you see more complaints simply because there is more NA users on this board.
    12-08-08 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD