well, this is my first time using a blackberry (and first time posting something here, so hi! everyone) and it Seems like the use has a lot of good features i can get used to. well, let me explain where i am at and where i want to get.

First things first, i have 2 phones. an unlocked iphone that was on tmobile (personal phone) and a random piece of **** that i had on att (work provided phone) i bought the storm unlocked from a friend of mine that had it on verizon and sold it to me. i now have the storm on tmobile and the iphone on att. ok, we that said you now know where i come from.

well, i followed the instructions from pltaylor's how to on getting all the features on tmobile but i cant get internet nor i can use any of the features on the phone. Like i said im practically new to all this blackberry phone and its features and how the phone is programs and all that. I try researching about it but all it causes its for me to get more questions on everything... like: do i have the right firmware? whats is the radio code so much people talk about? i think i have some knowledge about the service books. well, the more i read about trying to solve my problem the more i get lost. So, if someone can point me in the right direccion of to how to get the net and my emails and may be some good third party applications it would be great.

here are some info you can use i suppose.

i have edge on the top right corner instead of EDGE
    phone is unlocked
    in the info this is what i get v4.7.0.148 (plataform 4.0.0.181)

APN setting both empty and unchecked

(on APN i have try all sorts of combinations internet2.voicestream.com apn.tmobile.com and some others i came across... but nothing)

well, thanks for your patience and i hope i can become a great help to the bb community once i find out how they F^&* work
    07-02-09 08:53 PM
    It seems that you are using one of the hybrids if you are I would try using radio .90 it seems to be the best for tmo storm users. I use the .90 radio and I have not had a problem with it.

Give it a shot. The best way to do this is swap the radio codes. You have to download os .90 to be able to do this or use swap-a-radio that lycidal hybrid post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 09:39 PM
    It seems that you are using one of the hybrids if you are I would try using radio .90 it seems to be the best for tmo storm users. I use the .90 radio and I have not had a problem with it.

Give it a shot. The best way to do this is swap the radio codes. You have to download os .90 to be able to do this or use swap-a-radio that lycidal hybrid post.

07-02-09 09:40 PM
    Sorry about the double post did not realize I did that.

07-02-09 09:41 PM
    no biggie... im gonna look into that. how did you know it was a hybrid or how can you tell if it is?
    07-02-09 09:43 PM
    ^^^Good advice but also be sure T-Mo has you on a BlackBerry data plan. Not just a regular data plan. Even with the crappy GSM data reception of the .148 radio you should be getting mostly EDGE with it dropping to edge. If all you ever get is edge you are most likely not on a BB data plan. Give them a call or check your account online at mytmobile.com And welcome to CB!
    07-02-09 09:45 PM
    thanks bro... and i think i do have a regular data plan and not a bb data plan. thanks for the welcoming... i hope to be of assistance to anyone in the future. By the way i did a search on the swap-a-radio but couldnt find anything specific and most of the threads that poped up were like 1000 posts in it... lol it will take me an eternity to find them in there. if by any chance you guys happen to come across it before i can find it, please do send it my way.

cheers to all
    07-02-09 09:51 PM
    07-02-09 09:53 PM
    thanks plt I for hooking him up I need to put these radio code threads in my signature for times like these

07-02-09 09:58 PM
    you guys are the ****! thanks a million... i will give it a shot and report back.
    07-02-09 09:59 PM
    thanks plt I for hooking him up I need to put these radio code threads in my signature for times like these

You start that and you'll have the whole BB101 in your sig! Plus wouldn't do you any good this time. Your sig doesn't show up when posting from the wap.
    07-02-09 10:04 PM

X2 on this post... I ran thru the same problem on AT&T.... went to .90 radio and EDGE all the way baby... Storm on EDGE works better in my office than my BOLD does on 3G!
    07-02-09 10:04 PM
    What are you guys using with .90? .148?
    07-02-09 10:09 PM
    First thing you need to do is add the BB internet option to your account.
    Also go to options>mobile network
    Down near the bottom make sure only the 2G network is active. Then hit the BB key and click on diagnostic test. This will register the phone and send service books.
    I'm running the leaked .148 OS with the .148 radio and having no problems with EDGE.
    If you do install a leaked OS make sure to delete the vendor .xml file. There are threads in this forum on how to do it. I would post it but I'm on wap right now amd it would take too long to do it. Maybe one of the others on pc can help with that. Good luck.
    Oh yeah and all this is moot until you sign up for BB service through tmo. Oh and one more thing....... Welcome to CrackBerry. Enjoy your stay.

07-02-09 10:35 PM
    I am using ly's bv7 with the .90 radio. So far it has been the build for me.

07-02-09 10:35 PM
    Also you'll find out that the battery pull will soon become your new best friend.

07-02-09 10:41 PM
    one question though... how do you know what os your using and what radio code am i using right... that way if i .90 doesnt work i know where i was to start from there.
    07-03-09 04:31 PM
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files

i couldnt find any OS on those folders... i dont even have share folder. so what do i use for OS? anyone care to help there. I have EDGE and get drop to edge very often. so, i figured i have to install .90 radio.
    07-06-09 07:18 PM
    If you don't have shared then the os is not installed to your pc.
    07-06-09 07:25 PM
    so, what do i do?
    07-06-09 07:28 PM
    Just use one that's already been made. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...hybrid-233299/
    07-06-09 07:36 PM
    thanks... gonna give it a try. which one would recommend in my case. and thanks again for the link.
    07-06-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD