Im in canada on the koodo (i beleive telus CDMA) network and im trying to use my blackberry storm 9530 from my previous provider bell mobility (also CDMA) Which i just unlocked. When i put my Koodo sim card in the phone it doesnt reconize it, seems as though it is stuck in the bell mobility network. when i go under manage connections it still lists the mobile network as Bell Mobility. It doesnt seem to reconize or change anything having the Koodo sim in the phone, but since being unlocking it does not give me any prompt about the sim when the phone starts. is there any way to make this phone work on my koodo network?
    09-26-10 11:03 AM
    From what I have been told the Storm will only work on a CDMA network in Canada. I asked Bell the same thing when they latched the IPhone. I was hoping I could stick in the Sim card that came with my storm and use the new faster network. But was told no sorry the phone is not setup for that in Canada.

Now koodo does support a CDMA network as my oldest has one of their blckberrys that doesn't use a Sim card. I'm guessing its a program change somewhere with the phone but I'm not sure how.

If you do get it too work please let me know, my wife is looking at upgrading her Curve and was thinking a out giving it to the youngest who is also on Koodo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 08:38 PM
    Unfortunately you can only use the Storm on Rogers or Fido. The Storm is CDMA/ GSM. KOODO uses CDMA/HSPA which is not compatible. Sorry.
    09-26-10 11:53 PM
    You'll need to find a way to program the CDMA radio on it to tie into the new carrier's network. Sometimes going into the carrier's store for a CDMA radio flash is needed unless you can do the programming OTA, but even with that a HomeSID change would need to be made first so that you're sitting on the right towers before you can OTA. However, to my knowledge, Bell locked down their OTA CDMA programming with a specfic MSL code for each device they sell based on their MEID, so unless you can figure out what Telus' OTA system uses by default for your respective phone/account, you're probably stuck. I'd take it into a carrier store and see what they can do. Anyone who's worth their salt in there should be able to program it to work on their network if they're not complete idiots.
    09-29-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD