hi,

i have an issue with my touch screen...and was wondering if its a software issue or a hardware issue. i have tried the 4.7, 5.0, and .132 beta os with .90 radio os and am still experiencing the same problem. i can touch and the phone will register my fingers only on the left and right side of the phone pad (ie 1,4,7,*,3,6,9, and #). if i try to touch the middle part of the screen (ie. 2,5,8,0) it will click but not recognize my finger ( no blue light lights up)... the only way i can get it to work is to have one finger barely touching the left side of the screen and then using my second finger touching the number i want...for example 2, 5, 8, 0. so this leads me to believe that either my touch screen/digitizer is screwed up, or it might be an os issue. if anyone has a similiar problem and has a fix, please share it! and yes i have tried the card and screw tricks already, but it doesnt fix this issue. if you have any other suggestions that will help me trouble shoot my problem, i would greatly appreciate it. i want to thank you in advance for reading my post and responding. have a great day ~ jim

ps - is there an os that is considered the best for ATT users? posting it here would appreiciated. thanks again.
    08-02-10 03:29 PM
    I've got an similar problem on my storm today! The screen recognize the finger touch showing the blue light, and ths screen "clicks" and feel normal when I press, - but nothing happens!.. I have tried several batterie pulls, and a few Restore's and wipes with no luck!
    08-03-10 02:45 PM
    Anyone?...

Did my Blackberry just die a bit? or can it be repaired?

Ronny
    08-08-10 05:48 AM
    It's a known problem with Storms. Sometimes it will work itself out or just do a battery pull.
    08-09-10 04:46 PM
    Well, it did'nt help with -> 50 batterypulls.! BUT I opened the phone, and found the contact between the screen and the electronic board(-for the screen) had come loose! maybe because of several crashes to the floor! lol
    Now it Works again! Yeeey
    08-23-10 02:39 PM
    I read several posts from people having screen click issues with the earlier phones. They fixed theirs by adjusting the screws inside the battery compartment. Some also put a piece of paper between the battery and phone to improve the click function.
    08-23-10 02:50 PM
    I read several posts from people having screen click issues with the earlier phones. They fixed theirs by adjusting the screws inside the battery compartment. Some also put a piece of paper between the battery and phone to improve the click function.
    Yes, I did try these solutions, both the paper and the screws, but it did not help for me.. -Because of the contact inside which had disconnected!
    Just wanted to share what worked for me on my phone!
    08-23-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD