I just bought an unlocked storm (Telus) and having problems getting the browser to work; to make matters worse the browser icon and seemingly the browser itself is gone! Could someone please tell me how I can reload the browser onto this phone and configure it to work with my Rogers SIM.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    12-28-09 11:43 AM
    Register the host routing table. Options>advanced options>host routing table>bb button> register now
    12-28-09 11:53 AM
    I just bought an unlocked storm (Telus) and having problems getting the browser to work; to make matters worse the browser icon and seemingly the browser itself is gone! Could someone please tell me how I can reload the browser onto this phone and configure it to work with my Rogers SIM.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Just making sure, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan with your current carrier?
    12-28-09 11:54 AM
    Yeah I have a BB data plan, called Rogers and they said they can do nothing.
    12-28-09 12:09 PM
    Looks like you will need to load the Service Books manually. Did you try Options>advanced options>host routing table>bb button> register now ?

Also do you have a Rogers BIS account where you can sign in online at https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers
    12-28-09 12:12 PM
    I have read alot about the service books, not sure how to get them.

I do not have a BIS account i will sign up for one right now.

When I try what you mention (Options>advanced options>host routing table>bb button> nothing happens.
    12-28-09 12:22 PM
    The Host Routing Table is used to connect your phone to the network, and usually brings up a message like your Blackberry is registered with the network. When you did options > advanced options > hrt > bb button did you select register now from that pop up menu?
    Last edited by cdowner; 12-28-09 at 12:38 PM.
    12-28-09 12:27 PM
    Yeah actually when i did all that, I got a text message saying your blackberry is registered to the network, but still no browser?!?
    12-28-09 12:28 PM
    This isn't for Rogers, but maybe you can ask for more help here/follow the steps to get your browser.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    12-28-09 12:44 PM
    That is actually the post that i followed that lost me my browser in the first place. It is using the Crackutl program right?
    12-28-09 12:47 PM
    yes it is, but in the top post there is a link called "request International service books" perhaps that could help you resolve your lack of Rogers service books
    12-28-09 12:55 PM
    I did not notic that, I will chck it out!
    12-28-09 01:02 PM
    I am trying to send the private msg but i need to have 10 post before I am allowed.
    12-28-09 01:15 PM
    I am pretty sure my problem came from, as per instructions removing the mailer.daemon file using the crackutl program.
    12-28-09 01:17 PM
    I thought I could reinstall the browser using the apps section on the BB desktop but it does not give you the option.
    12-28-09 01:19 PM
    would the switch device option on the bb desktop reinstall the browser if i transfer data from my curve to the storm?
    12-28-09 01:21 PM
    I did a battery pull this morning on my Storm, and when it rebooted, the icon for SMS messaging has disappeared. I am running the last oficial OS that was released for Telus.

Does anyone know what might have happened, and what can be done to fix it?
    12-28-09 04:29 PM
    Yeah actually when i did all that, I got a text message saying your blackberry is registered to the network, but still no browser?!?
    Ok now on the left side you should see Help or Service Books and then you will be able to send them for the site, let us know if that works.
    12-28-09 07:53 PM
    Ok I have tried everything and still no browser icon. To make matters worse anytime i try to play any media including the pre loaded media, the screen turns white and i get a message "not able to play content".
    12-29-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD