Does anyone know if speed diall functionality is supposed to be enabled when the device is locked?

I have noticed that on my Storm with the .75 firmware that the speed dials work when locked but I didn't think they are supposed to. Is there a setting to disable/enable speed dials when the device is locked like allowing the placing of calls when the device is locked?

Regards,
    12-16-08 11:31 AM
    I'm on 75 as well, and when my bb is locked I don't have the dial screen to do a speed dial. I'm not sure exactly what you are doing but once locked u should only have unlock option and emergency calls. Optionally you can allow outgoing calls while locked, but you can disable this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:39 AM
    Can you elaborate a little more? My Storm doesn't do anything when locked.
    12-16-08 11:40 AM
    So I have enabled the outgoing call while locked option. When I open the dialer in the locked state I am able to use speed dials for contacts I have entered. What I need to know is:

1. Is speed dial functionality supposed to be enabled when the device is locked?
    2. Is there an option to disable/enable speed dials when the device is locked?
    12-16-08 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD