HI

It has been two days now that I got BB Storm 9530. What to say, a great phone. But of no use without the Blackberry service! :-(

The Storm is from the Verizon service, not sure from what country.

Here in Ukraine we have a service provider (MTS) with Blackbarry Data Plan. I am subscribed to it.

When I turned on the phone for the first time I've got the e-mail from BlackBerry saying my device was registered in the wireless network. But got no browser + no connection to the BIS. Also tried to register an account on the service provider page at blackberry.com but after entering my phone PIN and IMEI it says: "Your BlackBerry� Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated. Please contact
    your wireless service provider at 8(044) 240 00 00 or [email protected]." Of course, I've contacted them on that meter, operator said she couldn't help as probably someone used this device elsewhere and registered the account earlier. I think this ain't possible as I've got a completely new device.

Can someone please let me know how to contact the blackberry admin to wipe out previous info of this phone at BB server. Any other solution is also appreciated.

Thanks!
    08-20-09 12:39 PM
    did you buy the phone new or used?

if it's used, then the PIN is either registered, or black balled...maybe reported stolen? maybe call the seller or RIM and ask them?
    08-20-09 02:02 PM
    Tried to call RIM's head office, nobody picks up the phone... Maybe there's some tech support line for issues like this, just I am not aware of it?

From my personal experience it was as new as it could be. Maybe it was only once turned on because there's a Verizon's greeting e-mail message.
    08-20-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD