Apparently I haven't posted 10 posts yet in this forum, so I can't post links.

On Boy Genius Report there is a posting claiming that the Verizon version is not going to have tri-band HSDPA.

Anyone know anything about this?
    11-01-08 11:16 AM
    this isnt new. we've known this for a very long time.
    11-01-08 11:26 AM
    It's a secret. We are being allowed to know, but not allowed to know why. Apparently it's one of the allowable "leaks" that we are being fed to sustain interest and speculation about the device, and thus drive up eventual sales.
    11-01-08 11:30 AM
    Why would they want tri band then you could take the cool vzw exclusive phone and activate it on a rival carrier here in the states

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 11:34 AM
    You will be able to eventually have dual NAMs active in the US with this phone--not at the same time (not yet) but when it happens it will be cool, and ATT and TMO will be the companies that it happens on...
    11-01-08 11:38 AM
    Why would they want tri band then you could take the cool vzw exclusive phone and activate it on a rival carrier here in the states

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You can do that regardless of the triband HSPA.
    11-01-08 11:52 AM
    I'm confused... on the new flash page for the Storm at Verizon's website, under the technical specs it lists HSDPA as an availability. Is that a misprint, or am I misreading the technology. I really am no expert in signal types so it's definitely possible.
    11-03-08 08:07 PM
    I'm confused... on the new flash page for the Storm at Verizon's website, under the technical specs it lists HSDPA as an availability. Is that a misprint, or am I misreading the technology. I really am no expert in signal types so it's definitely possible.
    That's only on 2100MHz.

I'm going to write this wrong, but in the US I believe HSDPA runs on an additional frequency (upstream channel?).
    11-03-08 08:10 PM
    you are confused. it list 2100 for umts, hsdpa, hsupa is all the same thing, thats what gsm 3g is called... the 2100 is the frequency which list only 2100.

its quad band gsm and euro 3g frequency.

meaning i can walk into a verizon store buy this storm and put my sim card inside and have it work on att np

US 3g is 850/1700/1900

euro 3g is i believe 900/2100
    11-03-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD