Saw some suggestions on this earlier but can't find them.

Since udated to 5.0 OS system,and the Storm dims out it went from vertical to horizontal. Calling Verizon tech and later RM's tech said to trash the system and reinstall via the desktop. Still goes dim from vertical to horizontal.

IF one goes back to vertical a second time, wait for the screen to brighten and then go horizontal, the screen stays lit until the backlight timeout kicks in.

Any SUggestions besides the Life ad Drop Methos????
    12-05-09 07:54 AM
    Get used to it. Known bug in the new OS. You'll find lots of strange advice on this site but none are real fixes.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-05-09 08:09 PM
    Nope, there are no "real" fixes. Some claim to have found some, but the bug is known to disappear for a few hours and then come back.
    12-05-09 08:14 PM
    This seems to be a problem that keeps coming back.
    12-05-09 08:39 PM
    Not a fix buy if you glod your finger on the screen when you rotate it it won't go dim.

12-07-09 05:28 AM
    Not a fix but if you hold your finger on the screen when you rotate it it won't go dim.

12-07-09 05:28 AM
    Will Verizon let me upgrade to another storm possibly S2 if I complain about this?

12-07-09 09:17 AM
    Will Verizon let me upgrade to another storm possibly S2 if I complain about this?

Depends on how long you're into the contract, what your payment status is and has been, and whether the moon is full or waxing Call them and see what they say. If you don't get the answer your were hoping for, hang up and call again. Just be polite and see what happens. At this point, you have nothing to loose.
    12-07-09 12:20 PM
    Not an issue for me. I turned on auto dim and set brightness to 100%. The screen doesn't change now in landscape. Auto dim is actually great, its bright in sunlight and it doesn't blind you in a dark room.

12-07-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD