So, I spoke to a great guy with TMO RIM, and he provided detailed instructions for getting my 9530 to work on TMO. Even though it was working for the most part I wanted to make sure the settings were correct even though I never had to follow the instructions at the begining of the thread. Which according to RIM, and the instructions below are a little out of date, for TMO settings that is.
    Here is the email I was sent:

To set up data services (EDGE only) on the 9630, you can use the same settings as the Blackberry Storm (9500 series).

Switch To GSM/EDGE from default settings of 1X/EVDO:
    Menu> Options> Mobile Network> Network Technology> Change Network Technology to GSM/UMTS> Change network Mode to 2G

Register the Device to initiate Service Book downloads:
    Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Press Menu> Select Register Now
    MUST HAVE DATA SUBSCRITPION FOR SERVICE BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD

If necessary, service books can be sent via MyTmobile: (Email Service Books only)

1. Log into MyT-Mobile.com from computer
    2. Set the phone Model to Blackberry 8800 fromy T-Mobile
    3. Click the Link Set up Blackberry Internet Email or go to Conenct and Share and then Configure email
    4. Enter the PIN and IMEI
    **To fin PIN and IMEI go to Options and then Status
    5. Enter a VALID email address and Password (this is optional, if you don't want to set up email, select Cancel)
    6. On the Left Column select SERVICE BOOKS
    7. Send Service Books

Then cancel location in iHLR and pull battery. Leave out for approx 1 min and then power up.

Check Device APN:
    1. Options
    2. Adv. Options
    3. Select TCP:
    *APN: epc.tmobile.com
    * Username and Password BLANK
    4. Save Settings

Enable your browser:

Options> Adv options> Browser Settings> Set all browser settings to T-Mobile

Note: Default MDS Browser- may not be accessable on the first attempt. power off the device, cancel location, power on and check again.

Test Connections: you should now see new icons on the screen (They may say WAP)
    --
    THIS EMAIL IS USED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND ULESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED. THANK YOU.

***Update - 2010-09-13 - So this worked and it didn't. I was able to get all of the features working, but could not get EDGE to last more than a few seconds (other posts include info on this issue as well) before going to edge. What did work though was upgrading the OS to 5.0.0.797, which seems to be the most current (leaked). I have had no issues at all, and the phone runs great. Typical issues with memory and battery, but much better than previous OS. Also, not sure if it matters but I did not change the APN settings to the above tmobile, but instead still have the verizon emgsm.vzw3g.com.
    Last edited by Seamus76; 09-13-10 at 02:07 PM.
    09-08-10 09:41 AM
    I recommend setting your APN to blackberry.net for a day or two before changing to the actual carrier's APN. Seems to work every time someone borks up my Storm.
    09-16-10 02:01 AM
    I am in dire need of what I think is out of norm help, I have the 9530, latest OS 5 on it, carrier is Verizon, I have an account with Verizon. The issue is, there are NO service books at all. This means I dont even have a browser icon. Is there ANY thing I can do to get it back? The phone is out of warranty, bought it from craigslist. All it does right now is text (not MMS) and make/receive phone calls. HELP!!!! VZW experts would be helpful. Oh and I tried to login to the BB page from VZW My VZW and I get a pop up that says I cannot access the HTML setup page, I have to use the browser in my phone. Vicious loop of abuse I tell ya!
    09-28-10 12:01 AM
    How do i get google or at&t turn by turn navigation for the blackberry storm 9530 on at&t
    10-01-10 05:26 PM
154 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD