I recently got a Storm 9530 and Its been a great phone so far, i like the screen, menus and the overall feel.

I had it activated by the verizon store a few weeks ago.

My problem is there is no MMS menu any where. Under compose messages I have Email, Pin, SMS text and instant message. Even with SMS I am unable to attach a picture and send it. The option just isnt there.

I have also tried sending myself a message with my number @vzwpix.com and nothing happens.

I have also tried this, but there is no MMS option.
    options> security options> firewall. make sure it's either disabled or that MMS is unchecked.

Cliff notes.
    MMS didn't work before update, still doesn't work after update. There is no mention of MMS anywhere in the phone. Email, internet and sms work fine.
    03-04-10 01:05 AM
    Thanks for the fast reply, I really wasnt expecting that!

But I thought MMS was pix/vid msg and SMS was text only??
    03-04-10 01:50 AM
    forums.crackberry.com/f146/telus-9700-bold-mms-357061/

That thread seems to point towards mms and sms being the same minus the character count and multimedia content

I figured I would add that my phone is an official verizon phone. And isn't messed with from the factory as far as I can tell. I am also in northern california if that makes any difference.

Thanks again.
    03-04-10 01:57 AM
    if you select MMS you have the option from the menu to add pictures and other media....also, if you have to send a long text more then 160 characters, use this as well (assuming that the person you are sending to does not have email capabilities on their phone) otherwise just send an email.

SMS is 160 characters total, no pics or media...just what it is "short message service"

Hope this helps...
    03-05-10 12:53 AM
    if you select MMS you have the option from the menu to add pictures and other media....also, if you have to send a long text more then 160 characters, use this as well (assuming that the person you are sending to does not have email capabilities on their phone) otherwise just send an email.

SMS is 160 characters total, no pics or media...just what it is "short message service"

Hope this helps...
    They're saying they don't have MMS as an option at all.

Are you sure that you have a plan that includes MMS?
    03-05-10 11:04 AM
    [QUOTE=cdowner;4782471]They're saying they don't have MMS as an option at all.

That they are...apparently I was a little tired when reading that and completely missed that part...

hopefully you find a fix for your problem...
    03-06-10 01:20 AM
    You can go to Options, Advanced Options, then Service Books - check to see if you have a service book labeled "MMS." If not, there's your problem. You just need to have the service books sent to your phone. With Verizon, you can dial *228 from your Blackberry, it will reactivate/program your phone over the air. Just wait for it to tell you to hang up.
    03-07-10 02:38 AM
    Resend your service books. Are you using any Themes, it could cause a problem sometimes.
    03-07-10 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD