Hi,
    Have had a 9500 Storm on the UK Vodafone network running Desktop software version 5 and device software 4.7.0.141 as recomended by vodafone so as to maintain the warranty on the phone and have a problem where once i have connected the storm to my PC and then disconnected,it goes into a loop of rebooting every 10min.

During the time it is powered up and on the home screen i have good signal strength but receive no new incoming mail or texts(not to sure about incoming calls) as long as it keeps rebooting.

Have carried out several battery pulls etc to resolve this problem but still stays in this loop. Have found that if i change location and then reboot the phone(Drive to work 5 mile from my house)the phone reboots and then starts to receive messages again.

Have read all the posts about phones stuck in reboot but cant seem to find any with a similar problem or a suitable cure.
    Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks.
    08-24-09 04:21 AM
    Hi,
    Have had a 9500 Storm on the UK Vodafone network running Desktop software version 5 and device software 4.7.0.141 as recomended by vodafone so as to maintain the warranty on the phone and have a problem where once i have connected the storm to my PC and then disconnected,it goes into a loop of rebooting every 10min.

During the time it is powered up and on the home screen i have good signal strength but receive no new incoming mail or texts(not to sure about incoming calls) as long as it keeps rebooting.

Have carried out several battery pulls etc to resolve this problem but still stays in this loop. Have found that if i change location and then reboot the phone(Drive to work 5 mile from my house)the phone reboots and then starts to receive messages again.

Have read all the posts about phones stuck in reboot but cant seem to find any with a similar problem or a suitable cure.
    Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks.

If you look I have a post with a similar issue. I called VZW and was provided a replacement that behaved the same. Upon requesting yet another replacement, the problem is gone and I am happy with my storm again.

I wonder if there is some sort of defect with these phones that RIM has not been able to catch in troubleshooting.

Good Luck..
    08-24-09 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD