Ok, this one has me puzzled. I had a problem yesterday with not receiving emails on my Storm from my primary email account. They arrived on both my desktop and laptop (Outlook) just fine, but not the Storm.

So, I thought perhaps this might be a RIM server glitch but when I checked here and found no mention of it, I figured something was up. First, I resent my Service Books twice and also did two reboots, but that did nothing. So, I called VZW and, after a few painful minutes with the rep there (i.e. "Let's resend your service books" Me: "but I already told you, I've done that twice." VZW: "Oh, yeah, ok...well then, let's try rebooting the device" Me: Again, I TOLD you I've done that twice already!" VZW: "Oh, yeah, well then, let me transfer you to RIM." ::: sigh :::

Anyway, I finally got through to RIM tech support and, unfortunately, got a guy who did not speak English very well, nor did he seem to know what the heck he was doing (don't you just LOVE that?). After several painful minutes with him, who was pretty clueless, he mentioned "it appears that you have too many emails on your email host server" (My email account is hosted by GoDaddy). I had never heard anything about this before, so I questioned him about it. He told me "you are limited to no more than 900 emails on your host provider and you have 600." I said "I've never heard anything about that before and what does that have to do wtih what's on/not on, my BlackBerry and since when does 600=900?" He repeated this limit several times and said that was the reason for me not receiving emails.

Last night I went and deleted a bunch of old emails (this is my business account (though, I'm on BIS) and I tend to keep old emails there, but I'm only at 8% of my 2GB limit) as a record. Today, everything seems to be fine again but everyone I've menioned this to, seems rather surprised about this limit issue.

Can any of you shed some light on this? Is there a limit and, if so, why? What does the number of emails I have on my GoDaddy account have to do with whether or not the RIM servers will forward new emails to me or not?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
    07-04-09 03:35 PM
    Bump: No responses. Does this mean nobody's heard of this before or, it's not true? I'm really puzzled by this and would appreciate some feedback!
    07-05-09 01:03 PM
    That is very strange, I have thousands upon thousands of emails in my GMail account and I still receive new emails. And i despise getting non English speaking people on the phone when I have a problem. It's not as bad as going to McDonald's and the person taking your order doesn't know English or the menu though IMO.
    07-05-09 01:11 PM
    Have you tried deleting your account off your phone and readding it?
    Are you adding it through the BIS website or on the phone itself?
    Are you adding it as IMAP, POP, etc?
    Have you tried to add another email (free gmail/yahoo)? Process of elimination helps narrow down the problem.
    Can you send emails from your BB from that account?

Here is a thread about the 900 limit on BB forums (not much info about it really)
    Inbox Limit of 900 - BlackBerry® Internet Service - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    07-05-09 04:00 PM
    Thanks for your responses, both 21 and you. At least I know I'm not hearing things (well, 21 never heard of this either, so maybe it's one of those "it depends on what is, is."

I have not tried deleting my account off my phone, though things are currently working. I had originally added it from the device itself, not from the RIM site. I "think" I added it as POP, since I am not familiar with IMAP. I do have one other email (well, actually four, one is a VZW email address that is never, ever used and for that matter, one of the other ones is a blackberry email address which I had to have in order to get SmartGuard working, but again, it's never, ever used. The remaining account is a POP and it's from my cable provider. I only occasionally receive emails on that address, mostly spam and/or some website subscription thing and of course, certain family members that simply refuse to adjust their email to reflect the one I use for most everything! I did send a test to the cable company email address and it came through, it was the GoDaddy one that did not (though it comes through on my computer Outlook).

The link you posted at least confirms that some people have heard this, though as 21 and others have said, they have tons of email on their accounts with no problems. That was an interesting comment someone posted about "timing out" which may explain why it happens, though for those with "thousands" of emails and not having a problem, I'm uncertain.

So, unless/until things go awry again, I'll sit tight and see what happens.

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried deleting your account off your phone and readding it?
    Are you adding it through the BIS website or on the phone itself?
    Are you adding it as IMAP, POP, etc?
    Have you tried to add another email (free gmail/yahoo)? Process of elimination helps narrow down the problem.
    Can you send emails from your BB from that account?

Here is a thread about the 900 limit on BB forums (not much info about it really)
    Inbox Limit of 900 - BlackBerry® Internet Service - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    07-05-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD