So I have the VZW 8330 and I love it, its small and simple. A buddy of mine at work has a storm1 he's trying to get rid of..its it good condition..new and still has all the original accessories..all this for 50 bucks..question is if I'm into small and simple would it be better to wait for the new curve phone or get a cheap upgrade to a storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 06:16 PM
    Don't bother with the storm 1, just get the storm 2 because the hardware is better

11-02-09 06:24 PM
    I was in a situation kind of like yours also and got a refurbished/used storm 1. I wanted to see if I wanted the Storm2 or the Essex next year. I love the Storm but miss the keyboard. My upgrade isn't for a few months so I wanted to play with it so I know which one to get later. In your case, you can check it out for 30 days and if you don't like it, take it back and wait for the essex (tour 2) Both are really good phones, hard choice.
    11-02-09 06:36 PM
    For 50 bucks, I would get it. If you don't like it you can sell it on craigslist for $150. Make some money if you don't like it...I think its definitely worth it. I have the storm 1 and I really love it since the new 5.0 os came out.
    11-02-09 06:51 PM
    i just ordered storm1 for the wife. i was hesitant a few months earlier but after the OS upgrade, the phone is much better - 100% better: memory and battery holding well, since i do not have too many games and apps. and the price is right!

one more idea about making the screen more responsive when clicking anywhere (have been addressed a long time ago ) = attach the fuzzy side of a velcro strip on the inside of the battery cover and it will make a huge difference. post it notes, business cards, even dime/penny were suggested but the velcro strip worked the best!)
    11-02-09 06:57 PM
    I say go for it the storm 1 is a good phone

11-02-09 07:08 PM
    I went from an 8330 to a used Storm. Sometimes I miss the precision of the trackball and keyboard, but I haven't gone back yet.
    Changing to a phone you buy from someone else won't change when you can get a new one from VZW.
    For that price definitely give it a try. As has been said, if you don't like it you can always sell it...
    Last edited by larstonx; 11-02-09 at 07:44 PM.
    11-02-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD