I seem to not be able to unlock my phone sometimes with this new OS83. The unlock button just does nothing sometimes when i lock it. Sometimes it works as normal, but sometimes it just stays permalocked.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    12-21-08 03:31 PM
    I had the same issue with mine the night I installed .83. Its completely locked up on me once, and I did a battery pull, and hasnt done it since. If you havent tried that already, I would attempt that first. Seemed to work for me.

cheers,
    kyle
    12-21-08 04:00 PM
    I have the same issue sometimes. If you hit a button and bring up the screen locked window, and then hit unlock, and THEN hit unlock again, does the phone unlock? That's what happens to me. Battery pull fixes it.
    12-21-08 04:02 PM
    Its a known bug with the OS. Not everyone is having the problem, but some are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 04:02 PM
    i am.
    hit the back button, if the padlock image isn't there, hit the unlock button and the back button again until the padlock comes out.
    When it does, the it'll unlock when you press unlock.
    12-21-08 04:17 PM
    I also am having the Exact same problem. The lock/unlock was much more responsive in .76 in my opinion. This .83 upgrade is causing me to have to try and unlock 2-4 times...

I am highly thinking about downgrading with the other list of cons

*Screen will never dim which drains my battery power
    *When selecting many messages at once to delete the (X) button does not work. You have to hit the BB key and then hit remove. And sometimes that does not even work resulting in having to delete messages individually
    * When I get a call from Mexico it is cutting off the International country code (1011) so i have to input it to dial back.

(Not trying to "thread jack" just commenting)
    12-21-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD