11-15-08 09:28 PM
    good find. those are the main reasons i want the storm over the iphone
    11-16-08 01:13 AM
    The iPown can tether... someone needs to revise their article a little. And I'm really getting tired of the "no removable battery" reason. What's next... it takes longer to charge? lol
    11-16-08 01:17 AM
    the iphone cant tether ?
    11-16-08 01:19 AM
    Currently it can teather on Jailbroken iPhones. Apple and AT&T are currently working on a release, Jan 5th 2009 maybe at the MacWorld Conference?
    11-16-08 01:38 AM
    I hvae one plain ol good reason why the Storm is better then the iphone.(ok ready here it is)because its a BB.Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

LONG LIVE BB
    11-16-08 01:41 AM
    wow ... so if i were to get a crackberry brand on my *** you think i can get one free lol ?
    11-16-08 01:44 AM
    Currently it can teather on Jailbroken iPhones
    Is there any other kind of iPhone?
    11-16-08 01:44 AM
    I've seen a couple 16 year old girls with OOB ones. And how is the whole insurance thing not in the top 8? Not saying once I have a storm I'll be trying to put it in the toilet...but it may happen.
    11-16-08 01:50 AM
    iphone can't tether, article's facts are right, states you can tether on a jailbroken phone and that tethering is in the works
    11-16-08 01:51 AM
    Well, I can't tether on a Storm either. Could be because they haven't release in the US yet, but hey... who's looking at the details.
    11-16-08 01:53 AM
    11-16-08 01:59 AM
    the storm is freakin awesome
    11-16-08 02:01 AM
    Excuse my ignorance on this civic but is jailbreaking the iPhone something that any average user can do?? or do you have to have some computer smarts to do it??
    11-16-08 05:07 AM
    I think all it takes is being able to access youtube, there are so many jailbreaking sessions on there I'm surprised even the 16 year olds I have seen didn't have theirs done.
    11-16-08 05:09 AM
    I find it somewhat amusing that when it comes to the iphone, you have to do something that you're not supposed to do, to do some things that it should already be doing.
    11-16-08 06:05 AM
    The iPown can tether... someone needs to revise their article a little. And I'm really getting tired of the "no removable battery" reason. What's next... it takes longer to charge? lol
    isn't this guy right on time every time, captain killjoy in the flesh. He said yes it can if you "JAILBREAK" it. dude seriously are you only on this forum to provide negative comments on everything. I've been on this site for about a month and a half and the only time i see you post is when you have something negative to present to the audience.
    Last edited by FutureBBowner; 11-16-08 at 06:24 AM.
    11-16-08 06:20 AM
    Did you read the other article? 8 reasons why the iPhone is better than the Storm?

I really like the fact they bring up the browser... Yeah because it is really great to have a browser that crashes every time you have finally managed to load a page and have started reading something...
    11-16-08 07:01 AM
    And I'm really getting tired of the "no removable battery" reason.
    I used to think a removable battery was a an advantage. It would allow me to have a charged spare ready for devices that can drain quickly with heavy use. It usually means replacements/spares can be had more cheaply and installed by the user. It makes it easier for consumers to make sure the battery in their device is disposed of properly and possibly recycled.

Thank you for showing me the error in my opinion.
    11-16-08 07:10 AM
    I am partial to the BB family, but in the article, it talked about multi-tasking. I think this is a big advantage. I have good friends who have the iphone and wouldn't trade it for any other touch screen. I respect their loyalty. Apple has fought a tough battle in the consumer electronics world and has prevailed. That being said, I would choose the storm over the iphone. It is, of course, a Blackberry.
    11-16-08 07:30 AM
    isn't this guy right on time every time, captain killjoy in the flesh. He said yes it can if you "JAILBREAK" it. dude seriously are you only on this forum to provide negative comments on everything. I've been on this site for about a month and a half and the only time i see you post is when you have something negative to present to the audience.
    Have you seen his avatar.
    11-16-08 10:01 AM
    i don't know if you guys read the comments or not but this guy raises some good points

This is a very interesting article - not so much for what it says about the Blackberry Storm, as it does about how people will attempt to persuade themselves in either direction that the phone they have chosen to aspire to _is_ the right phone for them.
    In fact, for core Blackberry users, none of these, with the exception of cut and paste, are particularly strong reasons to choose the Blackberry. Very few business users have a need for recording video (and, in any case, the video that comes out of smartphones is YouTube quality, not business quality), and, equally, very few will notice the difference between a 2 and a 3.2 MP camera — except that a 3.2 MP camera is intrinsically noisier, because the pixels are smaller. Most current Blackberry users do not carry a spare battery around with them. The only times I ever opened the battery compartment in my Blackberry was to remove it as the only way of giving the device a 'hard reset'. The Expandable memory, which can only go as large as the iPhone, and for more money, is also not a benefit. Once again, most users of microSD media have found that juggling cards is not something they want to do.
    Since tethering is shortly coming to the iPhone (according to AT&T), the tethered modem is not an advantage. Finally, the touch screen tactile feedback may be better, or it may not be. It won't be until we see the failure rate on Blackberry screens that we will know.
    The fundamental reason to pick the Blackberry remains the same: it is already embedded in many enterprises, and works better with Exchange than the iPhone does. This surely must be the buying point for most current Blackberry users. The additional sub-iPhone features surely are not.
    11-16-08 10:34 AM
    I find it somewhat amusing that when it comes to the iphone, you have to do something that you're not supposed to do, to do some things that it should already be doing.

I concur. Every time someone says "the iphone can't do this" someone else says "yes it can"..."jailbreak it"...I mean seriously...wtf. I don't understand why apple just cant do something to give people what they obviously want.
    11-16-08 12:16 PM
    "If rapid typing is a must, you might want to consider a device with a full QWERTY, physical keyboard. But if your mind is set on a touch screen smartphone, choose the Storm."

That is never a good thing to hear. Rapid typing is essential to most blackberry users.
    11-16-08 12:31 PM
    I went to the Apple store yesterday and on all their iPhones I pointed to the crackberry webpage with a picture of the Storm on the main page, lol
    11-16-08 12:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD