So, been using the .75 update, would like to see specific's on anyone running the new software:

1. Is it just me or does the battery life seem to be better on the newer software?

and

2. Anyone else experience .wma's saying "error in playback" in media player or .wma ringtones no longer playing until a battery pull?
    12-02-08 02:25 AM
    Battery life does seem better. Haven't tried wma files

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 02:29 AM
    so far good here
    12-02-08 02:30 AM
    battery life is waaay better, and havent had a problem in media player or wma
    12-02-08 02:30 AM
    1. Yes the battery life does seem to have gotten better.
    2. I don't use .wma I think its a garbage format

12-02-08 02:31 AM
    i am rocking oldschool ringtones that's the only reason why. Just thought I would reach out seeing if anyone experienced my .wma format problem. Only happened once so far since update.

And, good to know others are seeing a better battery life as well. Thought it may have been a placebo effect!
    12-02-08 02:37 AM
    i am rocking oldschool ringtones that's the only reason why. Just thought I would reach out seeing if anyone experienced my .wma format problem. Only happened once so far since update.

And, good to know others are seeing a better battery life as well. Thought it may have been a placebo effect!

you could convert them..
    12-02-08 02:39 AM
    true but I am lazy
    12-02-08 02:53 AM
    Still have yet to upgrade my phone software but I think I'd wait for official release.
    12-02-08 03:23 AM
    Battery life is much better now which I am happy to see. Before, my battery barely lasted a full day of normal use!
    12-02-08 03:33 AM
    I think I'm the only one that hasn't experienced a better battery life on .75. The battery on this phone blows unfortunately and I don't want to drop $50 for an extended OEM but might have to. My xv6700 that I had a couple years ago would last a couple days under the same usage, while the Storm is lucky to last 14hrs before getting ready to end its own life. And btw, I use this mainly as a phone, with minimal browser/app use (as of now at least).
    12-02-08 04:06 AM
    Not sure if my battery is any better after the upgrade. I play with it throughout the day with not too much phone time and at the end of the day, I am at around 1 or 2 bars left.
    12-02-08 05:07 AM
    I don't think I saw much of a battery life increase. When I first got it I got some updates and it was then on .65... These updates came through DM... After playing with it in that state I was able to get just shy of 24 hours of very heavy use.

today at work I upgraded to .75. I was on .65 for maybe an hour today. I took a few calls and answered a good 15 or 20 emails on the device and at the end of the work day I still had about 60 - 65% of my battery remaining. Honestly I'm not going to complain about battery life like that but its not really anything to write home to mom about. My XV6700 never really did all that great. But after upgrading it to a 1600mah extended slim battery I was receiving battery performance similar to that which I get on my Storm.

For what its worth.... That is my experience.
    12-02-08 05:15 AM
    I don't think I saw much of a battery life increase. When I first got it I got some updates and it was then on .65... These updates came through DM... After playing with it in that state I was able to get just shy of 24 hours of very heavy use.

today at work I upgraded to .75. I was on .65 for maybe an hour today. I took a few calls and answered a good 15 or 20 emails on the device and at the end of the work day I still had about 60 - 65% of my battery remaining. Honestly I'm not going to complain about battery life like that but its not really anything to write home to mom about. My XV6700 never really did all that great. But after upgrading it to a 1600mah extended slim battery I was receiving battery performance similar to that which I get on my Storm.

For what its worth.... That is my experience.
    Cool thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to an extended life battery, though I have never ran out of battery life in the day, ya never know when you'll need it.
    12-04-08 12:30 AM
    well ill let you guys know how my battery lasts. did the update tonight. the speed is just getting better and better. so nice.
    hopefully battery life is bettter. on .65 my battery died within 7hours.
    12-04-08 12:36 AM
    WOW! That's fast. You will definitely see an update then. "Hopefully" Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.
    12-04-08 12:44 AM
    Dunna about either! My battery life is iffy, but I only ran .65 for like 3 hours when I first got the phone and than I changed to .75 and charged it fully, we'll see I guess
    12-04-08 01:52 AM
    Battery is better for sure. I will try audio etc. Tomorrow, but it will probably be mp3, I don't have many wma's

12-04-08 02:29 AM
    Can some please provide the link to the new .75 update? I thought I had saved it from the site and now I can't even find it in a search? Many thanks
    12-04-08 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD