Could someone help me with a how-to on updating to the new OS. I just received my Storm about an hour ago and want to make sure I am up to date, first BB by the way!! I have searched the forums and still a bit confussed. Sorry for the simple question...even if you could foward a thread that would be great...Thanks. Wonderful site...
    12-03-08 03:34 PM
    directions are in the leak thread
    12-03-08 03:38 PM
    Thanks so much...
    12-03-08 03:41 PM
    Hey, Don? Do you need to do a wipe at all of the os?
    12-03-08 03:51 PM
    no
    ... i know i'm not don haha
    12-03-08 04:33 PM
    Oh well thanks anyway. Still debating on whether or not to get this or not lol
    12-03-08 04:37 PM
    no, you do not need to perform a wipe before updating
    12-03-08 04:38 PM
    Do you think the os the real official one will have anything different than the leaked one?
    12-03-08 04:40 PM
    yeah...a different version number and will probably fix more
    12-03-08 04:43 PM
    I have followed the link several times to upgrade to 4.7.0.75 First of all 4 out of 5 times the update screen says I have the newest version which I have .65. I'll unplug try again then I get the 4.7 release. However, if you press the details tab on the release, it says 4.7.0.65. How is everyone getting this to work so smoothly. Any suggestions because I'm going crazy!!
    12-04-08 08:37 AM
    I have followed the link several times to upgrade to 4.7.0.75 First of all 4 out of 5 times the update screen says I have the newest version which I have .65. I'll unplug try again then I get the 4.7 release. However, if you press the details tab on the release, it says 4.7.0.65. How is everyone getting this to work so smoothly. Any suggestions because I'm going crazy!!
    It's not that hard. You download the file in the sticky. INSTALL IT, i.e. run the file you downloaded. Start Desktop Manager. It will say updates are available.
    12-04-08 09:14 AM
    Udetective....I struggled to get it to find mine also. Not sure why but the reality is I converted from a pearl to the storm and rather than read, I plowed ahead to get the storm up right away. I did not download the new desktop manager and did the device transfer wizard with my older version of desktop manager. Then I put in the cds in the box given to me by Verizon which loaded the .65 device Os and gave me the new desktop manager. Then I followed the instructions as per Don and got nothing to work, just like you. Dowloaded it more than 4 times and then followed his instructions but desktop manager never saw the newer .75 version of the device os to upgrade.

Solution.....

removed the desktop manager from my vista computer through add/remove programs function in the control panel of my computer. Then loaded a fresh copy of the desktop manager from the VZW disk. Then connected and presto...it worked. It saw the old previously downloaded leaked OS that I got from Don on this site and did not delete when I deleted desktop manager.

Should work for you too. Let us know
    Last edited by Rkatz21; 12-04-08 at 09:43 AM.
    12-04-08 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD