Same thing happened to me...I had 2 storms replaced within 3 weeks, lost all my contacts once and was tired of the freezing and random, unexplainable errors. I went in and they gave me a Tour (reluctantly) which is what I was hoping for and i LOVE it.

Happy to get rid of the touch screen and it is SO much faster even with the same exact operating system. You will love your Tour, i would never switch back.
    09-02-09 10:33 AM
    Yeah man, use the .151 software. No problems at all except when you uninstall and application the icon stays on the home screen. The fix for that is to just hide it. Otherwise, I've had it for awhile on .151 and haven't had any problems at all. Give it a try.
    09-02-09 10:56 AM
    I do know about closing and I try to make sure they are closed when I'm done I have one app downloaded (swipelock) the rest are the apps that came with the phone. Hopefully this Tour there sending me works ,but I see a lot of complaints about it. so I'm a little nervous.
    Glad to hear you got a working phone now tho.
    09-02-09 11:01 AM
    It's funny, I've never had any problems on my phone and I started out with .75, and I hearing about people switching out phones like underwear.
    I couldn't agree more. I've had mine since I first got it in December and, aside from my experimenting, I haven't had any issues that I felt required an exchange.

I would have to say that EASILY 80% of the exchanges I've read about on here are user error or user education. 6 Storms?! Really?!?! How is it that 1 person can have the same phone for as long as I have (for example), and yet another person - like you said - swaps them like their underwear?? Read a little, research a little more, and figure out what your problem is.

If the OP always installed swipelock, and they always have a problem, did they ever stop to think that maybe that is the cause??? The best way to tell if something is truly wrong, or if it's something loaded to the phone, is to wipe the device... leave EVERYTHING off (literally EVERYTHING, don't program any contacts or anything) and then use it. If you still have a problem, then go thru the steps to reload the OS. If there are still problems, then the phone is likely a dud. I'd be willing to bet that this was never done. I'm sure the phone was wiped, the info reloaded, and wouldn't you know.... problem! Guarantee is was something loaded to the phone.

it is SO much faster even with the same exact operating system.
    the Tour does not use the same OS.

Yeah man, use the .151 software. No problems at all except when you uninstall and application the icon stays on the home screen. The fix for that is to just hide it. Otherwise, I've had it for awhile on .151 and haven't had any problems at all. Give it a try.
    I've been running .151 for a while (pretty much since it "came out") and never had this issue of the icons staying... sounds to me like you've got something else going on there.
    09-02-09 01:13 PM
    P.S. try to get a tour if they do offer. I went from a Storm to a Tour. It is awesome.
    09-02-09 01:27 PM
    Tour is fare better than the Curve. These Storm issues are user error. 6 phones in a short amount of time? Sorry but to have that many in such a short amount of time is definatly user error.
    09-02-09 03:28 PM
    i love my storm even tho im getting my second replacement tmrw and im not going to go for the tour at all forget that phone!!! its nice and all but i want the touch screen and bigger screen besides when its time for me to get my upgrade the storm 2 will be out and i will go to that lol and get the newer touchscreen hopefully that isnt awfull well laters ppl hope your phones work i know mine doesnt .....
    09-02-09 03:33 PM
    Tour is fare better than the Curve. These Storm issues are user error. 6 phones in a short amount of time? Sorry but to have that many in such a short amount of time is definatly user error.
    I wouldn't say it is always user error. As verizon sent me 2 replacement storms that were bad out of the box. One I didn't even had to turn on to know it had screen issues (corners not working)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 10:01 AM
    I wouldn't say it is always user error. As verizon sent me 2 replacement storms that were bad out of the box. One I didn't even had to turn on to know it had screen issues (corners not working)

and you could have saved yourself a bunch of time by just adjusting the torx screws.

30 seconds, or a few days? I'll take 30 seconds, please.
    09-03-09 11:54 AM
    and you could have saved yourself a bunch of time by just adjusting the torx screws.

30 seconds, or a few days? I'll take 30 seconds, please.
    Umm actually I just went to the store after talking to Technical support and they gave me a brand new Tour. I'll take the "few days" instead of messing around with an already messed up phone
    09-03-09 10:46 PM
    the storm is junk, i got mine exchanged for a tour
    09-03-09 11:00 PM
    Umm actually I just went to the store after talking to Technical support and they gave me a brand new Tour. I'll take the "few days" instead of messing around with an already messed up phone
    Well good for you. Go roll your eyes at someone else.

09-03-09 11:00 PM
    I'm waiting on the Storm 2 myself. Wifi BABY!
    09-03-09 11:09 PM
    Pretend and i bet you get a new different blackberry phone. Let us know how it go's and good luck by the way.
    09-03-09 11:21 PM
    5 more replacements and they will probably give you a Storm 2... If not, then maybe try for a total of 15.
    09-04-09 12:39 AM
    Well actually after your 3rd FRU exchange they are supposed to do what they call a MATRIX exchange which is the option of either a Brand New in Box STORM or whatever Verizon has that they consider to be an equivalent handset to change it out for. What you can do is tell them what handset you would like and tell them that if it is a more expensive handset you just incur the difference in Full Retail values.

Thats what I did to move from the Samsung Omnia (CRAP) to my STORM. Fortunately the full retail values priced my Samsung to be about 100 bucks more than the Storm. I moved without paying anything. They tried to get me to utilize my upgrade but I let them know that I was not about to use my upgrade for their faulty phone. I stood firmly on this, and got what I wanted.

09-04-09 01:15 AM
    I find it strange that they gave you a "NEW" Storm and then multi-fru you out of that and into a Tour. From what I was told is if you accept a "NEW" in box phone replacement they are doing the multi-fru replacement and your upgrade date changes. I am glad you where able to still get your Storm replaced with something else but I find it strange they did that after what I had to go through to get my Storm exchanged for something else.
    09-04-09 01:29 AM
    Well actually after your 3rd FRU exchange they are supposed to do what they call a MATRIX exchange ...
    actually, "they" aren't SUPPOSED to do anything other than replace the defective device. It's the people who say they don't want another of the same that get the other option, at the loss of their upgrade. You bought X device, and therefore you are in warranty with that device. It's a loss to VZW to just send you out a different phone- a new phone without any cost, as it were- and not get something out of it. Which is why the upgrade date is changed.
    09-04-09 02:25 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD