Dear fellow CB'ers, After 6 months of trouble free service(HA HA), my command buttons on the bottom of my phone have taken a vacation. The only way that I can use my phone is in landscape mode. After speaking to VZW, they are going to send me a replacement phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    07-16-09 01:02 PM
    That's weird.. I bought my phone.. not even FROM TELUS .. I got it off the black market. My phone has yet to any single problem.. that goes from crashing.. buttons falling off or no working..

How are people taking care of their phone?

I've never had the problem..
    07-16-09 01:04 PM
    They work when they want to. I will go to answer a call and nothing will happen. 2 minutes later I will have an open line on my phone. It will just start working on its own. I had a similar problem with the first storm with OS ver 65 and 75 however both were corrected with leaked updates. Since the official update all has been well, and then WHAMMO. No buttons working.
    07-16-09 01:08 PM
    How are people taking care of their phone?

I've never had the problem..
    Yeah, I wonder about that too. I suppose some people work in situations where there phone can easily be dropped or dirt gets in it. Mine's worked fine since I got it back in December.
    07-16-09 01:13 PM
    Dear fellow CB'ers, After 6 months of trouble free service(HA HA), my command buttons on the bottom of my phone have taken a vacation. The only way that I can use my phone is in landscape mode. After speaking to VZW, they are going to send me a replacement phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Just because I know they'll pop up, be ready... people will immediately blame you for your faulty phone.
    07-16-09 01:16 PM

Thanks in advance.
    this was common on early storms (possibly present too), remember seeing a few threads here alone where users talked about it. I never had the problem with any of mine but you can definately feel the bottons aren't the sturdiest
    07-16-09 01:25 PM
    WoW! That's terriable, I've replaced mine only once. But if I were you I'd ask them for a upgrade and if you want another storm wait for storm 2.
    07-16-09 01:42 PM
    I had an error free Storm in which the click just all of the sudden stopped working after a hard battery pull (not quickpull). It's like it got stuck, so I got a replacement phone, and unfortunately after a little less than a week, the call button only works very sporadically. Doh!! I didn't want to take it back though as I had just finally completed putting all my apps and stuff on the replacement phone, so I didn't want to go through the hassle of doing it so soon again. Everything else with this Storm has been great though. Loving .151!!! Maybe the Storm 2 is being designed without physical buttons since they have been/are a problem on 1st gen Storms.
    07-16-09 01:53 PM
    To all of the people who have suggested that I may not have taken good care of my phone. I purchased one of the first otterbox cases when they were available and before that, my storm was never naked. I sell cars for a living so my phone is not dropped very often or dropped in the dirt or water or toilet or put in an oven. I would love to have been given a Tour for a replacement, however VZW will not do that. My NEW(HAHA) phone will be here on Monday and we will see if this one works.
    07-17-09 08:18 AM
    If they won't give you a tour. Downgrade to a curve.
    07-17-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD