I just checked ky memory and there is only 5mb of app memory left..its goin slow how do I get some back...I usually run about 30mb of mem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 09:56 AM
    Do a battery pull

03-04-09 10:01 AM
    Do a battery pull

^^what he said
    03-04-09 10:11 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ should help also.

If you do a lot of browsing, you may want to delete your cache. I do daily and just leave my cookies.

03-04-09 10:15 AM
    Delete browser cache, delete event log and battery pull.
    03-04-09 10:20 AM
    It might be useless but if you read the forum rules it says to search the forums before asking a question because it might be answered already. I dont mean to sound like an A** its just true.
    The rules also state not to be a d**k to people too..... So, before you go quoting rules, make sure you read them as well.

CrackBerry Rules for Member Conduct

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Instead of responding to a question by posting "Search", respond with an answer and point them in the right direction. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    03-04-09 08:14 PM
    How do you do a battery pull.?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    03-04-09 08:16 PM
    I've been reading these forums since the day i got my Storm and that was in december i haven't posted a thread until this week and i think more people should do what i did and take the time to read things before they post its the cardinal rule to forums. And if i ever do ask a question i will make sure to search the forums before i post it. Now im done with this thread. Good BYe
    I hate to break the news to you but not everyone is like you. Just chill.
    03-04-09 08:16 PM
    Delete browser cache, delete event log and battery pull.
    Yeah...what he said.
    03-04-09 08:21 PM
    How do you do a battery pull.?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    ohh well you pull the battery out when the phone is on...i think thats how you do it
    03-04-09 08:23 PM
    Another battery pull, 1 maybe 2 a day. Is this sad or funny? This memory thing sucks and I'm getting impatient. I love my Storm but to be honest my daughters iphone is sweet. Sorry just ranting, frustrated and tired.
    03-04-09 08:25 PM
    Rushkiboy it's been posted once already but if you need to free some memory here's a link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-04-09 08:28 PM
    Another battery pull, 1 maybe 2 a day. Is this sad or funny? This memory thing sucks and I'm getting impatient. I love my Storm but to be honest my daughters iphone is sweet. Sorry just ranting, frustrated and tired.
    I've gone three days without one and have around 20mb free i think it all depends on how you use your phone.
    03-04-09 08:30 PM
    There is a memory cleaning app that comes installed on your phone, it's located under security options.
    03-04-09 08:35 PM
    There is a memory cleaning app that comes installed on your phone, it's located under security options.
    Yea but that doesn't really free up much memory. but under security options i think there's an option for content compression make sure that is enabled
    03-04-09 08:38 PM
    Yeah I know how too free up space. Just getting fed up that we have to do it (battery pull) in the first place. Seeing another post about memory, shouldn't be an issue, we don't even have an app store yet.lol
    03-04-09 08:45 PM
    haha...i think we're getting one soon lol
    03-04-09 08:52 PM
    Why do you think you need more than 5 mb of memory? That is the million dollar question. Is your phone running slowly? Probably not - STAY OUT OF THE MEMORY SCREENS! You will all be much happier.

03-04-09 09:10 PM
    My phone has been running perfectly fine for the past couple days on just 10mb of memory. I have no idea why you all freak out on memory usage.
    03-04-09 09:37 PM
    Yea but that doesn't really free up much memory. but under security options i think there's an option for content compression make sure that is enabled
    Actually it can free up quite a bit. If someone does a lot of cutting and pasting then you have a lot stored on your clipboard. The memory cleaning will erase the clipboard giving you back much needed memory.

03-04-09 11:03 PM
    Why do you think you need more than 5 mb of memory? That is the million dollar question. Is your phone running slowly? Probably not - STAY OUT OF THE MEMORY SCREENS! You will all be much happier.
    My phone has been running perfectly fine for the past couple days on just 10mb of memory. I have no idea why you all freak out on memory usage.
    That is great if ya'll are not having problems, but there are many who do have problems. People ask all the time where their call logs, emails, texts go. It is a real problem and people are right to want their BB to run the most efficiently.

03-04-09 11:07 PM
    i use quick pull and mem cleaner. there are some detailed instructions to eliminate battery pulls. i have at least 35 mb every day.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...-pulls-156328/
    03-04-09 11:26 PM
    Actually it can free up quite a bit. If someone does a lot of cutting and pasting then you have a lot stored on your clipboard. The memory cleaning will erase the clipboard giving you back much needed memory.

ohh thats good to know
    03-04-09 11:42 PM
    battery pull
    close some apps running in the background
    03-04-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD