View Document

My S1's USB had limited functionality after I updated to 5.0 leaked and official. Once it went official i was able to call in and troubleshoot the issue. It went as far as VZW calling and getting a Blackberry rep to help. The above doc has a link with a patch that fixes the USB issue. I've seen several folks have issues that seems to be along the lines of mine...hope this gets everyone back in business!!
    10-26-09 09:02 PM
    Thanks for posting this, at this time I don't seem to have this issue, but its good to be aware of it.
    10-26-09 09:19 PM
    It finally worked. I have tried this patch a few times and just stayed at the bootrom step. Finally finished this time. Yay
    10-30-09 09:05 PM
    Just downloaded with Windows 7 Ultimate. We shall see how it works.... Rebooting now.
    10-31-09 02:53 PM
    Thank you for posting this fix. I had thought I had a problem with my computer/USB.
    10-31-09 03:00 PM
    It didn't fix it with mine
    10-31-09 03:45 PM
    Mine fixed it once but now it's back to not reading the card again when I plug the phone into USB port on PC. Now what??
    11-06-09 09:37 PM
    Do I plug in phone to desktop manager. Them run the califax download? How do I get it. To work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 06:07 AM
    No, simply plug the device in and click the link within the doc. It will walk you through like mama used to do in the grocery store!!
    11-07-09 08:18 AM
    Is this "fix" for the following issue:

When connecting the phone to a pc, it only registers as Mass Storage Device. As opposed to two (device memory and Sd Card)?

I noticed this the other day on mine, but did not even think it could be a bug, just thought my PC was having a bad day.
    11-07-09 08:37 AM
    View Document

My S1's USB had limited functionality after I updated to 5.0 leaked and official. Once it went official i was able to call in and troubleshoot the issue. It went as far as VZW calling and getting a Blackberry rep to help. The above doc has a link with a patch that fixes the USB issue. I've seen several folks have issues that seems to be along the lines of mine...hope this gets everyone back in business!!
    I’m sorry if what I am going to ask is already out there but I been looking for 2 days and couldn’t find it!

Do you or anyone here know how to fix my DM problem that I have?

Ever since I upgraded over a week ago to the new official OS, every time I hook my Storm to the DM it does the same deletions and updates!
    It deletes BBM, AIM, and Google talk!

This is very annoying! Please help me fix this problem!

Thank you!

Anyone please pin me for faster messaging!
    11-07-09 09:54 AM
    It didn't fix it with mine
    I lied, it worked after I played with it a bit more
    11-07-09 10:56 AM
    I�m sorry if what I am going to ask is already out there but I been looking for 2 days and couldn�t find it!

Do you or anyone here know how to fix my DM problem that I have?

Ever since I upgraded over a week ago to the new official OS, every time I hook my Storm to the DM it does the same deletions and updates!
    It deletes BBM, AIM, and Google talk!

This is very annoying! Please help me fix this problem!

Thank you!

Anyone please pin me for faster messaging!
    Don't click update. It's a bug in DM that will more than likely end up screwing up your phone if you do update.
    11-07-09 10:57 AM
    Don't click update. It's a bug in DM that will more than likely end up screwing up your phone if you do update.
    Do you have any Idea of how to stop this?

WHat if I want to know of when blackberry has fixes in the software through DM? I cant just say dont update forever if you know what I mean! I'm not getting smart either! I'm sorry if it might look like I am but I just want everything to work ok and when it doesnt, I want to know how to fix it or to stop it!

Thank you for responding to my message!
    11-07-09 11:05 AM
    I don't know if this is related.. But I usually ignored the repeated update req. On DM but today I did click it and though everything seemed to go smoothly at the time, my phone has been really slow all of a sudden. Not to mention my Storm has been acting really strange. So now I am going to have to go through the whole process of wiping-update-backup restore yet again. That is starting to get ammoying too. the fact that updates seem to be nec. Every now and again to keep the phone running smooth. And everytime I go thru the process I have to reconfigure my settings and folder setups yet again.

11-07-09 10:57 PM
    Wiltavares totally hijacked this thread...anyway, my 2 cents is the same as many others on here. Don't use DM; just directly use the loader.exe in:
    \Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If you must, create a shortcut to the folder onto your desktop or go there via Shrink-A-OS. The only time I use DM is when I want to do a backup of my phone via the Backup and Restore>Advanced options.

As for using this fix, I tried it on both XP and Vista but still only fixes the Mass Storage mode where it only detects the media card rather than the BB device memory.
    11-08-09 02:22 AM
    So basically this fix/patch is useless and we should await a better one? Or do you think this is all we will see and as such do what we can with it?
    11-08-09 10:30 AM
    That's funny that you say I hijacked this thread! I thought this was to ask questions! Lol! But I'm just hoping that someone can find a fix for this because its not right that we can't even hook our devices to the DM anymore. It isn't right that we have to dig up the loader from the drive. The OS should be easier to use than the last official update don't you think?

11-08-09 11:53 AM
    Yes! I guess that we have to wait for someone to come out with a fix.

So basically this fix/patch is useless and we should await a better one? Or do you think this is all we will see and as such do what we can with it?
    11-08-09 07:38 PM
    Hey guys, I found a way to fix the update issue that I had on the new Official OS that I asked about before.

I hooked my phone into DM looked at what the DM wanted to erase each time in the 5.0 update, then I disconnected my storm and deleted those apps, then I hooked my phone back up and did the update, unhooked my phone again and reinstalled the same apps, then hooked it to the DM again, now I tried to duplicate the problem that I had for a couple of weeks now and it never has that issue anymore!

I hope this helps someone!
    11-09-09 08:28 PM
    Is this "fix" for the following issue:

When connecting the phone to a pc, it only registers as Mass Storage Device. As opposed to two (device memory and Sd Card)?

I noticed this the other day on mine, but did not even think it could be a bug, just thought my PC was having a bad day.
    I have the same issue - any fix?
    11-23-09 06:06 PM
    View Document

You say you've seen several folks having issues that seems to be along the lines of yours. What exactly was your problem? When I connect my Storm to my PC, I have my Storm to prompt to enable Mass Storage Mode. I hit yes and I only see one drive. Before I upgraded to the official 328, I would always see two drives. One being BLACKBERRY1 (device) and the other being BLACKBERRY2 (media card). Since upgrading to 328, it's a hit-and-miss for me. Very rarely, I get both drives. Sometimes, I only get my device memory showing as a storage device on my PC and the other times, I only see my media card showing up.

Please confirm that the above is the "issues that seem to be along the lines of yours" and also, if you were able to permanently fix this issue.

Thanks.
    11-23-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD