Can I install the verizon storm 5.0 Os instead of waiting for Bell mobility to release it? will the verizion one be any diffrent? will I get verizon applications on my Bell storm?

Thanks
    10-28-09 12:05 PM
    As long as you have a 9530, you can install the Verizon 5.0.0.328 Os.

Be sure to delete the Vendor file before installing

Should Bell release the the same software, it would be identical to the Verizon release since both are developed and released to the vendors by RIM.

I am not sure what Verizon software you are asking about, but you will only get the software that will work with your vendor. Verizon proprietary software is pushed to Verizon users by Verizon and they would not push them to you.
    10-28-09 12:12 PM
    ok thanks and what do you mean by vendor file? is that the file i download then install?

Thanks
    10-28-09 12:17 PM
    ok thanks and what do you mean by vendor file? is that the file i download then install?

Thanks
    After you download and installed the OS from Verizon, look under c:\program files\common files\Research In Motion\Apploader\
    You will see a file by the name of vendor.xml
    Delete that file and run loader.exe
    10-28-09 12:30 PM
    thanks, if I decide to wait for the bell version. Do I need to delete the vender file to? or is that just for verizon?

Thanks
    10-28-09 12:35 PM
    I never deleted a vendor file. Every update i would just install the update from bell and use DM to update.
    10-28-09 12:39 PM
    I never deleted a vendor file. Every update i would just install the update from bell and use DM to update.
    You only delete the vendor file if you are installing an OS for another carrier. If you have Bell and are installing a Verizon OS, you must delete the vendor file or the update will not happen.
    10-28-09 12:41 PM
    FYI there is an entire section in the Forums on how to update your BlackBerry with another carrier's device software. You may want to take a look so that you are completely familar with the process.

...just sayin...
    10-28-09 12:43 PM
    ok thanks for all the replies
    10-28-09 12:43 PM
    do read the posts related to installing a new OS, especially if you have never done this before. Also, be sure to back up your phone and third party apps.
    10-28-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD