Ok folks, i've tried searching and couldn't find an answer for this.

I wiped my device, downloaded and installed the 5.0 update from Verizon. After setting up an EA on my BES and completing the activation, I noticed that I have two messages folders. One is labeled Messages and another labeled Desktop. My incoming mail and BBM find a way to show up in both folders. I've tried changing settings to not show email accounts in the Desktop folder, but still get messages in both folders. I do not have any BIS email accounts and verified that no accounts are currently setup in email settings. I also reviewed my service books to see if any random mail entries were some how entered. I also went ahead and re-wiped the device and included 3rd party apps a second time thinking some random setting was left behind. Curious if anybody had any thoughts.
    10-26-09 06:23 PM
    have you asked the BES admin to see if its something they provided?
    10-26-09 06:25 PM
    It wasn't there prior to the update, so I am going to say no it is not something they provided. Not sure where it came from and can't get rid of it. Thinking about having my BES account deleted and recreated to see if that helps.
    10-26-09 06:31 PM
    This is actually a new feature. Sounds like you only have one mail box. Go into messages options - main message list settings and adjust
    10-26-09 10:45 PM
    I have the same thing on my BB. I have an Exchange account for my business and a Verizon BB account that are hooked to my BB. I now have this Desktop folder too. Seems like my Exchange account comes into the Desktop folder and my Verizon BB goes into the folder with that email address and then the messages from both are displayed in the Messages folder... It is kind of annoying to me. I don't think there is a way to get rid of it I think it is a new "feature" or something.
    10-26-09 11:05 PM
    I only have one mail account on the device. I use the Gmail app to read/reply to that account, so it is kept separate. I've been testing the settings all afternoon and can't get rid of the second folder. Do you have any additional info regarding this feature. I've tried searching, but might not be using the proper keywords.
    10-26-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD