Hey everyone,

I just loaded OS .76 onto my 9530 and everything seems to be working fine, if not better than on .75. That is, everything except the typing. I see that the blue glow on my fingers is lagging A LOT. The words do not show up sometimes until I stop typing...then they catch up. I have tried a battery pull to no avail. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!
    12-06-08 07:19 PM
    i've occasionally had this with .65 and .75, but usually after i've run a few other programs or if I have stuff running in the background.

Im actually switching over from using landscape to using portrait (sure type) for typing. I dont know why, but it just seems faster and more accurate for everything but passwords.
    12-06-08 07:48 PM
    i've occasionally had this with .65 and .75, but usually after i've run a few other programs or if I have stuff running in the background.

Im actually switching over from using landscape to using portrait (sure type) for typing. I dont know why, but it just seems faster and more accurate for everything but passwords.

I also have found myself using suretype more. I used it on an old ipaq PDA back when suretype was owned by some other company.

It does work well once it learns your most typed words, etc. but i think it could use many tweaks.

I find it hard on the storm to choose different words, the menu doesnt always popup with options and when it does they are hard to pick.

also its hard to use words that arent in the dictionary, very hard.

i still would like to see multitap combined with predictive text. The fastest i have ever typed is on my motorola e815 with itap.

i also think the phone DESPERATELY needs a "learning mode"

it picks up my typing on the wrong key all the time, everyones thumbs are different, mine cause me to have to type way to the left to get the right key. but only on some keys, which makes this hard to do.
    12-06-08 07:52 PM
    I'm actually doing the same thing. Unless it's a word that I know Suretype will screw up, I'm finding that I'm using Suretype a lot more.

Other than that, typing seems to be faster in .76 for me.
    12-06-08 07:52 PM
    Hmm...I'm gonna try it tonight when I go out tonight (I mean the typing, not SureType). I've been using SureType more than landscape, though. I like it a lot! I'll report back later to see if the typing lag has improved for me.
    12-06-08 07:57 PM
    I must be the odd one out. I absolutely hate SureType and haven't used MultiTap in a long time either. I love the QWERTY keyboard and find my typing to be very accurate for the most part. It's quick too as long as I'm not tying a password or anything. Switching from the letters to the numbers screen takes a bit longer than I'd like, but nothing I can't deal with.
    12-06-08 09:42 PM
    Well after a night of use, I can say that .76 is slow and I am not too happy with it. Anyone else notice this?
    12-07-08 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD