Any thoughts on the possibility of a 3rd party software to add a full qwerty keyboard when holding the phone in portrait mode and not just landscape. Like an Iphone is what I'm asking.
    11-16-08 08:24 PM
    Have you ever used Suretype? It's not as bad as you would think. Once you have used it for about a week, it's fairly accurate (Except for enturing URL's or EMail addy's)
    11-16-08 08:26 PM
    Have you ever used Suretype? It's not as bad as you would think. Once you have used it for about a week, it's fairly accurate (Except for enturing URL's or EMail addy's)
    No I have not and it's not a major concern or deal breaker. Just thought it would be nice option.
    11-16-08 08:30 PM
    No I have not and it's not a major concern or deal breaker. Just thought it would be nice option.
    Give it a week and you'll love it. Like I said earlier, it's faily accurate and I hardly have to make any corrections (This is on a Pearl BTW not a Storm, but same Suretype software)
    11-16-08 08:32 PM
    there's no API for developers to create new system wide keyboards
    11-16-08 09:12 PM
    There is no point to have potrait full Qwerty kb, you can rotate the screen to type the URL or name if you want.
    11-16-08 09:17 PM
    This has been discussed many times and many people would like a full QWERTY in portrait mode, myself being one of them.

It is a VERY SIMPLE software upgrade which we will hopefully get in an OS at somepoint.

It does NO HARM to have a simple option for QWERTY alongside the SureType and T9 in portrait.
    11-16-08 10:02 PM
    I doubt you'll get it... Why cannot you just rotate the screen?
    11-16-08 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD