I've searched the forums (and the wider internets) and haven't found any real information on this. It is mostly a Verizon question rather than a blackberry question, but in reading the forum I've found that you guys are more knowledgeable about Verizon issues than most CS reps!
    Does anyone know when the 30 Day guarantee starts? Is it from the day you order the phone, the day it's delivered, or the day it's activated? I know there is a broad "you can return until January 15th" policy for holiday purchases, but is this a real extension of the 30 Day policy, or is it slightly bastardized?
    (Backstory: I ordered my phone Nov 28; because they said it wouldn't be shipped until Dec 15, I got it delivered to my parents' house across the country, where I was going to be as of Dec 19. Of course, it was actually delivered in early Dec, and has been sitting in a box in my mom's living room for a few weeks (torture!). I've researched the **** out of this phone, and plan to love it -- but just in case there are any hardware hiccups, I'm wondering whether I only have until Dec 28 for my 30 days (a month from ordering), or 30 days from when I activate it next week -- which would be AFTER Jan 15.)

Thank you!!
    12-16-08 11:00 AM
    Why dont you just call Verizon and ask? I'm sure they could answer first try.
    12-16-08 11:06 AM
    because calling verizon bruises my very soul. but that is certainly my plan if no one here has an easy answer.
    12-16-08 11:11 AM
    Verizon 30 day guarantee starts when you recieve shipment or activate your phone. So a CS rep told me over the phone a few days ago. So in your case, id go by the date your phone was delivered to your parents house.
    12-16-08 11:20 AM
    it should sure as **** be the day you activate it but if they look up and see it was sitting around for weeks. Some cst rep will def try to bend you over. So just make sure you do the bending first lol
    12-16-08 11:22 AM
    From Verizon Wireless web site: "Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 16 and December 15, 2008 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2009. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange policy, and Verizon Wireless' Test Drive program, still apply."

Id try to test it out before the Jan 15th deadline for Holiday purchases. Each CS rep you call is going to be different I am sure and some are going to try to screw you over if you dont return by Jan 15th.
    12-16-08 11:31 AM
    Thanks, everyone! I guess I'll just act quickly and get my Business Time phone voice on if there are any issues with the phone...
    12-16-08 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD