I ordered a storm on 11/30. My question is, if i want to return the storm, do I have to return it 30 days after i order it, after i open it, or after i activate it?

I ask b/c im in a situation where i ordered it on 11/30, wont open it until Christmas, (its a christmas gift) and dont plan on activating it until im ready to go back to school on 1/10. (i work construction over my winter break, so i dont wanna subject my new phone to the rough environment of a construction site)
    12-17-08 05:45 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on this with the Storm, but typically the policy is 30 days after purchase. That said, double check the Verizon site, because I think they have an extended return policy due to Christmas. I'm not sure what the end date on that is, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 06:25 PM
    I ordered a storm on 11/30. My question is, if i want to return the storm, do I have to return it 30 days after i order it, after i open it, or after i activate it?

I ask b/c im in a situation where i ordered it on 11/30, wont open it until Christmas, (its a christmas gift) and dont plan on activating it until im ready to go back to school on 1/10. (i work construction over my winter break, so i dont wanna subject my new phone to the rough environment of a construction site)
    y would u want to return it, by the middle of january or so there should be another update, phone will be a lot better, imo the phone is great as it is now, i have no problems. its 30 days from date of purchase. but i think verizon had something that if u purchased a phone after november 15th or so, u had extra time to return it bc of christmas.
    12-17-08 06:48 PM
    y would u want to return it, by the middle of january or so there should be another update, phone will be a lot better, imo the phone is great as it is now, i have no problems. its 30 days from date of purchase. but i think verizon had something that if u purchased a phone after november 15th or so, u had extra time to return it bc of christmas.
    Probably because the OP wants 30 days of use so they can make the decision if he/she wants to keep the phone.
    12-17-08 06:56 PM
    I think it's 30 days after you receive the phone.
    12-17-08 07:13 PM
    You have until January 15th to return it. I am in a similar boat. Waiting for the update to decide whether to jump ship to the omnia.
    12-17-08 07:56 PM
    30 days after purchase (from what I know) but the storm has until January 15th minimum. So if you got it on the 21st you have like.....50 days I think it is.
    12-17-08 08:01 PM
    thanks for your responses. the reason i am asking is b/c i did want to make sure i had enough time to test it out before the return deadline
    12-18-08 08:47 AM
    Alot of "thinks" in those answers. I would suggest calling Verizon and making sure you have the correct dates.
    12-18-08 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD