Okay guys,

After doing some searching on here and my brain melting, I am still left with some questions.

1) When I upgraded to .132 all my contacts were wiped out. Gone. Completely. See you later. Is there a way I can get them back, or do I have to wipe my phone, then reinstall .132 then .141 (of which I'm currently at)

2) Does anyone elses sound sound weak with the new OS? That or I'm going deaf. Listening to your metal real loud could do that I guess.

3) I know how to transfer files from the PC to the device and vice versa, but can I move document files, etc., from one folder to another on the device? And how?

Thanks!
    05-04-09 06:49 PM
    1. You need to restore your contacts from your backup. If you didn't backup you should have. There should be a backup you can find anyway and it should be in my documents folder with the date it was made. Look for LoaderBackup-(2009-05-01)-1.ipd or Backup-(2009-05-04).ipd with the correct date and restore it with Desktop manager.

2. Check your volume settings?

3. Yes. In your media screen hit the menu button and select "explore" Then you can navigate your folders and files. Highlight them and hit the menu button and you can move, copy, delete, rename files
    05-04-09 07:01 PM
    1) the DM should have created a backup file, just plug in and do the back/restore>restore

2) i went into the profiles and turned up the volume on all of the individual events, and its plenty loud on normal. some of my ringers are louder or quiet compared to one another, so i've adjusted each one to work fine

3)the onboard memory is "read only", so sometimes you can't move files. i've found that if you manually create new directories, it will override the read only aspect, and when any files are in there you can move just fine. i've made new folders in photos, videos, ringtones, as well as documents. works fine for me.

btw, feel free to PM me for help if you come up with any other questions
    05-04-09 07:03 PM
    1) & 2). I can't help since I'm still on .75 - and I use google sync with my main gmail account and same contacts that are on my phone are the same ones on pc.

3) tip: u don't have to use DM's Roxio to move files to or from pc to bb. If using windows simply connect usb to bb and (but first in bb goto options>memory>enable mass storage) then goto "my computer" icon and go into bb and move stuff around, make new folders, delete stuff etc.

The roxio software is heavy and not necessary for these easy tasks.
    Doing it all thru "my computer" and selecting right drive then it makes things much quicker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 07:10 PM
    "1. You need to restore your contacts from your backup. If you didn't backup you should have. There should be a backup you can find anyway and it should be in my documents folder with the date it was made. Look for LoaderBackup-(2009-05-01)-1.ipd or Backup-(2009-05-04).ipd with the correct date and restore it with Desktop manager.

2. Check your volume settings?

3. Yes. In your media screen hit the menu button and select "explore" Then you can navigate your folders and files. Highlight them and hit the menu button and you can move, copy, delete, rename files
    "

Thanks. Will this remove my current OS too? What about the apps I've downloaded since? Or can I just get the contacts?
    05-05-09 12:00 AM
    Restore file is data. The OS isn't part of that data. Works same way as a PC. If you go backup/restore>advanced you can restore just the contacts if that's all you want. FYI syncing your info is for that specific purpose. Saves contacts, calendar, tasks and notepad to a different location besides your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 12:08 AM
    Thanks! You guys freaking rule. I can't tell you how happy I am to have all my contacts back and not have the OS change as I was worried about.

I really appreciate it!
    05-05-09 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD