I have successfully set up AT&T on my BB 9530. Now how do I:

access the keyboad in the email add account page? I pressed the menu key, but the "show keyboard" option is not there.

Where is the resend service books option?

And last... I backed up my BB curve before I setup my storm. Now if I try to do a restore, so I can get all of my messages back, with that restore all of those BB curve programs and apps also? I don't want to mess up my storm setup.

Thanks in advance.
    06-25-09 06:33 AM
    Try clicking in the text entry box to bring up the keyboard.
    Run the device switch wizard to switch from one BB to another.
    Someone else will have to answer the other question. I have tmo and I'm sure the websites are in different layouts. Not sure though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 07:01 AM
    For the service books...Setup > Email Settings > Log In > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books
    06-25-09 07:11 AM
    Tip 2 Fixing Data Problems such as Email not arriving or Missing Browser (Doing and HRT & Re-send of Service Books)

Method 1 (Provide by michaelwpg) The Quick way!

I have found that rather than going through the longer process for Registering and sending service books, Go through
    Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB key> Run

This pretty much puts the Storm through it's paces, data wise, and registers, sends service books, all at the same time. Quicker process I found by accident. Seems to work very well.

Method 2 (Mine) The LONNNNG way!

Step 1 Doing an HRT, or Registering your Device. Open Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the blackberry button and select Register Device.

Step 2 Doing the Service Books. Open the Setup Folder, then Open Email Setup, sign on, then press the blackberry button, and select Service Books, then Send Service Books.

Step 3 Pull the battery which will reboot your Storm, often this is a good first thing to try when having any BB problem. You can use a program to simulate a pull and reboot your Storm, they are Softreset & Quick Pull. (found in the OTA Apps thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...-thread-107305 ).

excerpt taken from pk cables tips and tricks post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/pk...thread-181283/
    Last edited by BillyMac122; 06-25-09 at 07:13 AM. Reason: haha guess im not quick enough...
    06-25-09 07:12 AM
    Thanks for your replies guys. I clicked on the email text entry box and it bought up the keyboard. I entered my email address and password, but when I tried to press the "log in" link, nothing happened.

Next I tried billymac's, method 1 and that went thru ok.

I'm getting ready to leave for work now and there's a guy there with a Storm. I'll try to pick his brain when I get there.

Thanks again.
    06-25-09 07:36 AM
    Thanks for the credit. Also thanks to michaelwpg who discovered method 1.
    06-25-09 02:30 PM
    I'm at work right now and I've had EDGE all day. The only problem I've found so far, (aside from the learning curve) is I can't setup my email accounts. It keep saying, worng username or password. Everything else seems to be working just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 03:29 PM
    I just reset my phone and my e-mail icon is lost man i'm lost with out it help plz
    12-04-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD