Those of you with the storm that are eagerly awaiting an update, what will you do if your 1 day away from the 30 day trial and no update is issued? will you stick with the phone in hopes it will get better or will you return it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SDmania; 11-27-08 at 05:54 PM.
    11-27-08 05:50 PM
    wait another couple of days because the return policy during holiday season is till till Jan 15th...but I'm not returning it anyways
    11-27-08 05:54 PM
    Update or no update, I'm happy with my Storm and any update will only make it better. I don't think you'll find any of us that got the Storm on 11/21 will be waiting for the first update on 12/21.
    11-27-08 05:55 PM
    There are a lot of happy customers than most people think. That said, there will be a update within 30 days of Nov 21st.
    11-27-08 05:57 PM
    As was already mentioned; your 30 days still has 50 days left
    11-27-08 06:02 PM
    I bought this phone to use - not to return.
    11-27-08 06:11 PM
    I bought this phone to use - not to return.
    I dont think there can be a quote more true than this.
    11-27-08 06:14 PM
    There are a lot of happy customers than most people think. That said, there will be a update within 30 days of Nov 21st.
    I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it is.
    11-27-08 06:24 PM
    I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it is.
    You'll hate it...... JK
    I actually decided earlier today to put my pearl up, couldn't imagine going back.
    I'm keeping mine come he77 or high water....

11-27-08 06:40 PM
    I thing with all of the negative about the storm some of us have some bad phones and a update will rescue us from returning this great device.
    11-27-08 07:49 PM
    mine has nowhere near some of the problems a lot of people have mentioned. The only issue I really have is the screen click is really weak towards the extreme bottom or top of the screen. Other then that, it works pretty flawlessly knock on wood. I also deleted VVM and VZ Navigator the minute I got it yesterday. Does anyone know if the [email protected] email addy can be transfered from my old curve to the storm? The rep helping me out said it wouldnt be possible but I think thats absolutely stupid and will be pretty frustrated if it cant. I was able to do a backup restore onto the Storm from my Curve suprisingly enough, and it actually transfered the icon for my vzw bb email onto the storm. Crucial, do you know if it will function through BIS on my Storm?
    11-27-08 07:56 PM
    Exactly. If you look at the sticky poll, 85% of the people are happy with the device. It's a good phone. Can it improve? Of course it can. Will it? Undoubtedly.

The remaining 15% is the squeaky wheel that's getting most of the attention.
    11-27-08 08:13 PM
    Exactly. If you look at the sticky poll, 85% of the people are happy with the device. It's a good phone. Can it improve? Of course it can. Will it? Undoubtedly.

DITTO......
    11-27-08 08:33 PM
    I love this phone to death but there are significant bugs (at least for me) with the accelerometer and the camera turning on intermittently without any way to close it save a battery pull, and freezing during camera/video use. The more I use it the more I love it but I cannot tolerate apps that effectively lock the phone when they launch without my command.

So if the update comes and this doesn't get fixed, it's going back until a new version comes out, and I'll slog along with my 8830 until a new hardware rev is released. I LOVE this phone and am willing to give it another shot IF these big problems are resolved, but I use this phone for business and can't have it locking up at random.
    11-27-08 08:39 PM
    who cares. were not going to return it.

if 30 days from now theirs no update, than well wait another 30 days
    11-27-08 08:39 PM
    I get my Storm December 16th by 10am. I guess the new update is suppose to be out by December 8th, so I'm hoping that by the time I get my phone it already has the newest OS. Even if it doesn't ship with the newest OS, I will be keeping it regardless.

"I bought the phone to use - not return" is the best quote to explain this.

11-27-08 08:41 PM
    I love this phone to death but there are significant bugs (at least for me) with the accelerometer and the camera turning on intermittently without any way to close it save a battery pull, and freezing during camera/video use.
    Weird, I've had 2 Storms since Monday (mine and wife's) and we've seen none of these issues. The camera is SLOW but never freezes. Odd how the problems vary so much for the same OS release.

Overall, I like the phone a lot. The browser is disappointing but I think I need more time to learn it. In response to the thread title, I'm not waiting for an update. When it comes great, but I'm not concerned nor counting the days.
    11-27-08 08:43 PM
    "I bought the phone to use - not return" is the best quote to explain this.
    You got that right LB. I'm on the Storm bandwagon for the long haul.

I like it better than my (old) iPhone 3g.
    11-27-08 08:43 PM
    Holding out hope for the update. Hope it will make it even sweeter!!!!!!!
    11-27-08 09:50 PM

On a forum. Don't forget the people who don't post here. Don't forget the people who don't know about updates and don't read up on this stuff. They will most likely be the majority to return. But I do agree the phone will definitely improve. Look at the Bold when Rogers released it and look at the Bold now. There are always improvements.
    11-27-08 09:55 PM
    Do you think Verizon would wait longer than 30 days to issue an update in order to prevent those that bought the storm on release day from returning?
    11-28-08 11:41 AM
    Do you think Verizon would wait longer than 30 days to issue an update in order to prevent those that bought the storm on release day from returning?
    No, if anything they will try to get two updates out before the period is up (which is why the BGR rumor has an update next week and one later in December). They do not want returns! Of course, what is fixed in the updates is anyone's guess.
    11-28-08 11:45 AM
    Does anyone know if the [email protected] email addy can be transfered from my old curve to the storm? The rep helping me out said it wouldnt be possible but I think thats absolutely stupid and will be pretty frustrated if it cant.

Yes its possible,,, I did mines via my Blackberry Internet Service online.. Simply changed my PIN and ESN, then sent the Serrvice Books to the new device..
    11-28-08 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD