Anyone have a 2010 Camaro and use their Storm on the USB port?

From what I can tell from other articles: "The Camaro takes it a step further. You can load all your tunes on a simple USB flash drive--not an expensive player--and the Camaro's audio system will read the MP3 file right off the drive. USB flash drives are dirt cheap: a 1 gig jump drive--enough to hold about 20 CDs worth of material--costs about $7. Even better: the Camaro's USB port is out of the way in the back of the center console."

So can we use the Storms SD card memory through the "USB Mass Storage Mode Support" and have direct access thru the radio console to the tunes we have stored on the Storm?

How well does that work?
    Do you get tittles and graphics displayed?
    Does it shuffle?
    Does the Storm charge thru the USB port?

Any information on actual experience would be nice to know.

Thanks.
    02-20-10 09:36 PM
    Wish I could help you. Sounds pretty darn cool tho. I'm to poor to afford a new camaro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 10:01 PM
    I know this probably doesn't answer your question, but that's a damn nice car.
    02-20-10 10:30 PM
    it will work if you have the licences for the music or videos you load on it, so downloaded stuff from places like limewire wont want to work, unless u got lucky and the license it with it, but ive yet to see that
    so music downloaded from Zune or Itunes will play
    02-21-10 07:43 AM
    @ TestaVette

thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard of. the licensing is what allows it to not play on other systems licensing in terms of DRM would hold you back.

that car should play anything, don't listen to these ritards.
    02-21-10 12:56 PM
    I am asuming that if I have it on a thumb USB it will play but not use if it will via the BB. I will have to go to dealers and try it next time I am looking.

I just thought maybe someone hd a new camaro and had tried it already.
    03-08-10 08:31 PM
    If you put the BB in Mass Storage Mode, doesn't it mean your BB is acting just like a USB flash drive? Theoretically, it should work. One thing I'm wondering is... how will the stereo on the new Camaro react to reading two drives instead of one. Will it be confused? I guess the only way to find out is to try it.
    03-08-10 08:39 PM
    If the USB is a mini, why can't you just plug the phone in and use the music player to play over the stereo without mass storage mode? If not, I don't think the phone would work anyway, the port is not a regular-sized USB.
    03-09-10 01:12 PM
    If the USB is a mini, why can't you just plug the phone in and use the music player to play over the stereo without mass storage mode? If not, I don't think the phone would work anyway, the port is not a regular-sized USB.
    Dude, why do you even post if you don't understand the phone hardware to begin with. The "mini" sized USB is called MICRO-USB and any electronics/audio/video store sells USB to Micro-USB cables. That is not what he is asking anyways.

03-09-10 07:19 PM
    I'm not sure about the new Camaro. The Kenwood HU that I just put in my Trailblazer has a USB port on the face, you are supposed to be able to use MP3 players by plugging in to the port. It does not work plugging my Sandisk Sanza in there, but, it will work with just a normal thumb drive, plays the music and reads the titles. Don't know why the player doesn't work, and I have not yet tried to plug my BB in there.

JPD217
    03-09-10 07:39 PM
    Dude, why do you even post if you don't understand the phone hardware to begin with. The "mini" sized USB is called MICRO-USB and any electronics/audio/video store sells USB to Micro-USB cables. That is not what he is asking anyways.

Excuse me, I understand the phone's hardware. I used the wrong term when speaking about the size of USBs, what a tragedy in the world. I was trying to say if mass storage mode was necessary for the phone to work, and why not plug the phone directly into the car as a media player IF it were possible. It was simply a suggestion.
    Last edited by cdowner; 03-09-10 at 08:54 PM.
    03-09-10 08:49 PM
    I have a Pioneer in-dash dvd reciever with a usb for ipod and I use my storm with it. It shuffles and shows all the info etc.. I couldn't get it to work at first, what works for me though is in options where is says mass storage instead of on put it to prompt. When you plug it in it prompts if you want to enable mass storage mode and you hit yes and it works.
    03-09-10 09:03 PM
    I agree, sweet looking car.

At work I've got a big printer/copier that will scan as PDFs to thumb drive but I haven't ever gotten it to work scanning to the storm. this isn't necessarily relevant to the camaro question but I hope some tips will help me with the copier. I'll have to try the prompt option.

03-10-10 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD