I'm on a BES with all PDA functions set to Wireless Sync.

But my calendar is not syncing. My IT support is telling me to run the 2007 DST Patch. Does this make sense? Why would a new storm with the latest official OS need an old patch?

My phone is set for Network Time and DM is NOT set to update the Storm's time.
    03-26-09 08:36 AM
    I have several users who don't have the DST patch on their BB's. Their calendars sync just fine
    The DST patch will have no affect on the calendar sync, it would only have an affect on the times of your appointments.

I think your IT department punted you because they don't know how to fix it.

I believe, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but all BB os's above 4.3 include DST changes.

See if they will at least re-push your IT policy.
    03-26-09 08:53 AM
    OS 4.7 has the patch already on it. You can run it, but you shouldn't have to. If your calendar is not syncing you might want to redo your activation. Wipe the device and then re-activate it.
    03-26-09 09:03 AM
    I had a problem where my calendar didnt sync after an upgrade and BES activation. I went into the Calendar options selected my BES account and then turned off Wireless sync. Rebooted phone went in and turned wireless sync on. After a few minutes it synced up
    03-26-09 09:41 AM
    Gota love the knowledge in your IT dept. The DST patch doesn't even govern if the calendar will sync or not, it has to do with TIME. If it really was that issue, your calendar would sync up, just be 1 hour off. Why oh why are those people even still employed?
    03-26-09 10:59 AM
    Yeah. I'm just a user but this wasn't making sense to me so I wasn't about to follow his instruction blindly.

BTW. He only suggested the patch after repeatedly telling me to change my time zone to US Central Time, even though I'm Eastern Time.

I believe our IT support is outsourced to India.
    03-27-09 03:23 PM
    BTW. He only suggested the patch after repeatedly telling me to change my time zone to US Central Time, even though I'm Eastern Time.
    Any IT personnel who recommend band-aid patches like that should get the boot.
    03-27-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD