I was upgrading a friends storm, after the update i compared them side to side when I realized my screen was way brighter and clearer even on 10% brightness and his on 100%. I put mine to 100% and the difference is huge. I also noticed my screen clicked a lot better so i used the card in behind the battery on his, works a bit better now, but still not as good as mine. So whats the deal telus why is mine over all a better looking and functioning phone. It feels like my buddy is getting ripped of due to the fact his phone inferior in those aspects. Same model, same carrier, shouldn't it be the same phone? I have attached two pics to show everyone the difference. I took the picture with a BB 8900 .The one on the top and left hand side is the dimmer one.. the pictures doesn't do the difference justice. The screen thats looks over contrasted in the picture looks cleaner and clearer in first person and looks a ALOT better.
    03-21-09 02:03 PM
    I know what you mean.

Mine is 100 times brighter then my brothers storm.. both set to 100 light.

I don't know what causes this, but I wouldn't be happy with my phone if it was that dull.
    03-21-09 02:14 PM
    well from what i have read... not all blackberry storms are made the same.. but that is a good a question regarding the brightness of the storms.. also... Telus is test the new O.S update for the storm.. I have spoken to the rep and confirmed by there tech guy as well..
    03-21-09 02:47 PM
    there are warm and cool colored screens

might make them look like that
    03-21-09 03:17 PM
    well from what i have read... not all blackberry storms are made the same.. but that is a good a question regarding the brightness of the storms.. also... Telus is test the new O.S update for the storm.. I have spoken to the rep and confirmed by there tech guy as well..
    Umm, a bit of an underwhelming announcement there lol. Usually people are screaming that news from the rooftops when they get it.

I have noticed that my screen brightness changes almost randomly. Its almost like if I don't touch the screen for a few seconds it dims, which would be normal, but when I touch the screen again it doesn't get brighter. It only goes back to full brightness when the screen has gone completely black and then been lit back up with a button push.
    03-21-09 04:26 PM
    There seems to be a big difference in the radio of these to storms.

The signal is better in one of them.
    03-21-09 05:30 PM
    one has not updated the display thats all, they are are both running 114 hybrid and get the same signal
    03-22-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD