Often, after my Storm has been in sleep mode (like when I first pull it out of my holster), if I click on one of my home screen icons (doesn't really matter which one or where it is on the screen), it highlights it, but doesn't open the app. If I click it a second time, it opens. This does not usually happen if I'm actively using the phone and clicking other icons...they open immediately. I was just wondering if many others have this same experience?

Thanks,

Grey
    12-17-08 09:34 AM
    Absolutely. Drives me a little nuts really. Happens after the Storm was either suspended (in the holster) or the screen was "asleep" for an extended period of time.
    12-17-08 09:37 AM
    mine does this same thing. i think it may be like a security feature so if the phone is in sleep mode it doesn't get accidentally clicked in your pocket or something. are you using .76 or .75? i'm on .76
    12-17-08 09:38 AM
    having a similar problem but after the other problems I have had i don't consider it a problem anymore.

George

Semper Fi
    USMC 58-62
    Parris Island
    12-17-08 09:38 AM
    I notice this as well.. almost like it has to warm up a little bit
    12-17-08 09:39 AM
    Yup, exact same issue here. Also bugs me - I wish they would fix it. If I pulled it out of the holster I'm ready to use it immediately.
    12-17-08 09:53 AM
    This issue is pretty common among devices that have a sleep mode... it's mostly a measure to make sure you don't accidentally press icons when the thing is in sleep as previously mentioned.

Also, going into and coming out of sleep mode is a pretty processor-intensive action believe it or not, so it may take a sec for your device to respond after coming out of sleep. kinda like me before my morning coffee
    Last edited by mdude85; 12-17-08 at 01:21 PM.
    12-17-08 10:04 AM
    CrackBerry Addict
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon
    PIN: 304EC3D5

Send a message via AIM to asylvia Send a message via MSN to asylvia
    mine does this same thing. i think it may be like a security feature so if the phone is in sleep mode it doesn't get accidentally clicked in your pocket or something. are you using .76 or .75? i'm on .76
    I'm running .75. I don't so much consider this a problem...just the way this phone works. Not really such a big deal. When I pull it out, I just click whatever I want twice and everything is grand.

Grey
    12-17-08 12:39 PM
    Mine does this. I'm of the mindset that it's a bug, not a "feature". My guess is that it is because the OS prioritizes redrawing the screen over "listening" for a screen click from the user. So, the screen is drawing, but the OS isn't ready catch a screen click event yet. Like someone else mentioned, coming up from standby is probably fairly process intensive. If the OS actions were reprioritized to listen for screen clicks before drawing the screen, then this problem would happen. On the other hand, everyone would be complaining about how long it takes the phone to wake up from standby (when removed from the holster).

-SR-

PS: Mine only does it when being removed from the holster. It doesn't do it when I just wake up the screen after it turns off... at least, I haven't noticed.
    12-17-08 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD