Will Verizon offer a one year contract for the Storm? If so, any idea what the cost of the phone will be then?
    11-16-08 08:20 PM
    Will Verizon offer a one year contract for the Storm? If so, any idea what the cost of the phone will be then?
    i'm sure they will.

i think people have been told 279 after 50MIR (319 w/out)
    11-16-08 08:21 PM
    i'm sure they will.

I hope your right. I get $200 from work for the purchase of a new phone and I'm due for the New Every 2 deal. So I can still get the phone without any personal out of pocket. I just like the idea of a 1 yr contract and not 2.
    11-16-08 08:28 PM
    i'm sure they will.

Do you know if BBY will honor the same price? Since I did my pre-order their.
    11-16-08 08:29 PM
    I hope your right. I get $200 from work for the purchase of a new phone and I'm due for the New Every 2 deal. So I can still get the phone without any personal out of pocket. I just like the idea of a 1 yr contract and not 2.
    just so u kno, u can't use ur NE2 on a 1 year contract

i spoke to the mobile manager a few days ago and he said they would honor 2 yrs with NE2 pricing so i don't c y a 1 yr contract would be different
    11-16-08 08:31 PM
    no clue. I would think so, but I have a personal issue with Best Buy (past experience) so I avoid that store.
    11-16-08 08:32 PM
    no clue. I would think so, but I have a personal issue with Best Buy (past experience) so I avoid that store.
    please explain, i love customer service horror stories
    11-16-08 08:40 PM
    i'm sure they will.

Math tells us that would be 269 after MIR right?
    11-16-08 08:40 PM
    Math tells us that would be 269 after MIR right?
    makes me wonder how i got so far in life sometimes...
    11-16-08 08:46 PM
    Is there any disadvantages to taking a 1 year contract? Can I upgrade to a new phone in 1 year with discounts just like the new every 2 program? Thanks
    11-16-08 09:45 PM
    i spoke to the mobile manager a few days ago and he said they would honor 2 yrs with NE2 pricing so i don't c y a 1 yr contract would be different
    Thanks

& Thanks

Is there any disadvantages to taking a 1 year contract? Can I upgrade to a new phone in 1 year with discounts just like the new every 2 program? Thanks
    Not that I can think of, I just like 1 year contracts. 24 months seems to be to long to be in a contract to me, Plus I like get of tired of my cell phone in a years time.
    11-16-08 09:50 PM
    please explain, i love customer service horror stories
    Ok...

I got a camcorder about 5 years ago with a 4 year service plan. the camera started eating tapes after about a year. They sent it in for repair and returned it. Started eating tapes again after about a week. Sent it in again. Came back with same problem. So sent it in again (see a pattern here?) and guess what? Sent it back with the same problem. Now I am eligible for a replacement under the no lemon rule (they get 3 shots at fixing it). The manager refuses to honor the replacement saying it has to go in for repair. Now I had all 3 receipts for the "repairs" with me to prove my case. I'm not a confrontational guy and had not been rude or aggresive, but this dude was a real piece of work. I pointed to their sign and my plan showing the lemon rules and his response was "I don't give a damn what the plan or sign says, I'm not giving you a new camera. I'm the manager and it's my rules." At this point he just walks away! I was about to throw the broken camera at him when the poor girl working the counter leaned over and said for me to get another camera and bring it up. While the ***** manager was out smoking she gave me a new camera. I called the regional offices to complain, but no one ever called back (after multiple calls). You want to know the funny part...the **** head manager's shirt had this embroidered on it "Service and Training Manager". Guess what kind of customer skills he teaches.

In the end I got my camera and the plan was honored, however due to the manager and his refusal to honor the contract I have avoided the store since.

Just my one experience. Your mileage may vary.

Oh well...Just looking forward to a Stormy week...ok worn out joke by now...
    11-16-08 10:36 PM
    Ok...

I got a camcorder about 5 years ago with a 4 year service plan. the camera started eating tapes after about a year. They sent it in for repair and returned it. Started eating tapes again after about a week. Sent it in again. Came back with same problem. So sent it in again (see a pattern here?) and guess what? Sent it back with the same problem. Now I am eligible for a replacement under the no lemon rule (they get 3 shots at fixing it). The manager refuses to honor the replacement saying it has to go in for repair. Now I had all 3 receipts for the "repairs" with me to prove my case. I'm not a confrontational guy and had not been rude or aggresive, but this dude was a real piece of work. I pointed to their sign and my plan showing the lemon rules and his response was "I don't give a damn what the plan or sign says, I'm not giving you a new camera. I'm the manager and it's my rules." At this point he just walks away! I was about to throw the broken camera at him when the poor girl working the counter leaned over and said for me to get another camera and bring it up. While the ***** manager was out smoking she gave me a new camera. I called the regional offices to complain, but no one ever called back (after multiple calls). You want to know the funny part...the **** head manager's shirt had this embroidered on it "Service and Training Manager". Guess what kind of customer skills he teaches.

In the end I got my camera and the plan was honored, however due to the manager and his refusal to honor the contract I have avoided the store since.

Just my one experience. Your mileage may vary.

Oh well...Just looking forward to a Stormy week...ok worn out joke by now...
    That sucks, I would of went nuts. Some people are so incompetent its pathetic.
    11-16-08 10:38 PM
    The VZW Storm site says $249-50 MIR=$199 with 2 year contact on any Nationwide Email plan.

So, is there seperate pricing for getting an individual plan and adding BIS?? I couldn't find this anywhere.
    11-16-08 11:44 PM
    Anyone have more info on a 1 year contract?

I contacted BBY they said the Storm will cost $299 with a 1 year contract.

I contacted VZW they said their is no 1 year contract for the storm.

I read somewhere on this site that it will be $319-$50 MIR?
    11-17-08 01:22 PM

On vzw a 1 year contract is $70 more than a 2 year, across the board...
    11-17-08 01:34 PM
    On vzw a 1 year contract is $70 more than a 2 year, across the board...
    So that +$70=$320. Do you know if verizon will be offering it?
    11-17-08 01:36 PM
    11-17-08 01:38 PM
    So that +$70=$320. Do you know if verizon will be offering it?
    Yes they will..
    11-17-08 01:39 PM
    I saw that, But I'm getting 20 different answers when I call.

Yes they will..
    Thank You Sir!
    11-17-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD