Title says it. Just installed and formatted a new 16GB card, transferred about 8GB of music over.

Stormie is lagging like CRAZY and some menus are simply unresponsive. Even highlighting before pressing seems to take AGES.

Known problem? Anything I can do?

Just in the process of a BattPull (manual, as Meterberry and QuickPull both wouldn't work. They were working fine before) to see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Transitions are slow as cold molasses and look like a$$ after the BattPull.
    Last edited by skwij; 09-04-09 at 10:15 PM.
    09-04-09 10:12 PM
    I don't really have any useful advice, but I have a 16gb in my Storm and i have zero performance issues with it and the sucker is almost full of music and movies.
    09-04-09 10:27 PM
    Maybe it's scanning all of that music/movies? The sd card shouldn't effect the storm's performance except when scanning the card and that shouldn't take that long anyways.
    09-04-09 10:31 PM
    I have the 16gb and have no issues. I have all types of media on mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 12:34 AM
    Only problem I have with the 16 GB card is that I need a bigger one!

I think amavit might have called it. The larger the card and more stored on it, the longer it takes to scan. While the card is scanning the phone may be a little sluggish. Did you give it a minute or so or did you just reboot right away?
    09-05-09 02:19 AM
    Maybe it's scanning all of that music/movies? The sd card shouldn't effect the storm's performance except when scanning the card and that shouldn't take that long anyways.

That must have been it. She's flying nicely once again this morning.
    09-05-09 06:21 AM
    There is thread somewhere here describing the same issue with 16GB cards. That's why I decided to get 8GB as this one is not slowing down my BB and works well...
    09-05-09 06:24 AM
    There is no issue with 16gb cards after the first scan, which can take some time. And this is not just a storm issue, but it is the same on the all the BB. Have a little patience and all will be fine.
    09-05-09 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD