The price of 16g cards has just dropped. Saw less than $60.00 on Amazon and Ebay.

FWIW

George
    12-02-08 07:48 AM
    i noticed this on ebay last week. 60 shipped is the average low it seems
    12-02-08 08:02 AM
    Is that good?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 08:28 AM
    I was under the assumption that the best a storm could handle was a 8gb, due to hardware?
    12-02-08 08:33 AM
    We could compare

Iphone 8gb 199
    Iphone 16gb 299? Or is it 399. Can't remember

Storm 8 gb 199 +16gb add 60. Keep or sell 8gb

I'd say its good thoughts?

12-02-08 08:35 AM
    the storm says it will handle up to 16gb, i suggest upgrading to it, you never know when you'll need the extra space. its a cheap upgrade
    12-02-08 08:37 AM
    I purchased mine for $57 on eBay, and also received $17 (30%) cashback. Great price.
    12-02-08 08:37 AM
    the storm says it will handle up to 16gb, i suggest upgrading to it, you never know when you'll need the extra space. its a cheap upgrade
    Hmm, cool. I'll wait until I need it. I saw sale prices for $45 on black friday, if I had known...
    12-02-08 08:42 AM
    The price of 16g cards has just dropped. Saw less than $60.00 on Amazon and Ebay.

FWIW

George
    are you quoting prices on the SDHC, or the mini SDHC?
    I thought we needed mini for the storm.
    12-02-08 08:53 AM
    Guys I'm honestly not trying to be a smart *** but I have a question....

Why would you ever need 16 gigs on a BlackBerry? I mean seriously, are you guys watching movies, listening to music, and storing thousand of pictures?

I haven't received my Storm yet, but I'm assuming 8GB should be fine.

Forgive me for sounding like a noob, I still only use 1GB mini on my 8830.
    Last edited by stephdakel; 12-02-08 at 08:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-02-08 08:56 AM
    i have over 40gb of music, 12gb of what i actually listen to with my playlist i have setup... if i wanted to add pictures and movies 16gb won't be enough. so yea i would highly suggest people with lots of media they'd like to throw on their phone GET THE 16GB its stinkin cheap!
    do the live search thing like the one guy mentioned and get 30% cash back through live.com
    12-02-08 09:04 AM
    I have about 60 gig of music, but like insanely don't listen to all of it so I have about 10 gig and 6 movies on my 16 gig card right now.
    12-02-08 09:16 AM
    I have a 16GB card I ordered from Amazon the week of the release of the Storm and it works fine. I like an all-in-one device so I have about 2,300 songs. I also do live sound part time so it helps to have it all in one device. And yes I do have Ipods too.

12-02-08 09:16 AM
    The video player sucks...too much lag when you searching for a chapter. If you happen to not finish a movie, it doesn't hold the last position as well as a ipod. Darn it...i really had high hopes for the player. Is it possible to install another player? I watch 700mb movie files (avi or mpeg4) and its not nearly as smooth as my ipod. Screen size is awesome...but...
    12-02-08 09:17 AM
    The video player sucks...too much lag when you searching for a chapter. If you happen to not finish a movie, it doesn't hold the last position as well as a ipod. Darn it...i really had high hopes for the player. Is it possible to install another player? I watch 700mb movie files (avi or mpeg4) and its not nearly as smooth as my ipod. Screen size is awesome...but...
    yeah the video i have put onto it is choppy at best, i need a better resolution converter i think
    12-02-08 09:36 AM
    I was under the assumption that the best a storm could handle was a 8gb, due to hardware?
    I heard rumor of 32gb although I have yet to find a micro sd in that size.
    12-02-08 09:37 AM
    I think I'll wait a bit for the prices to drop.
    12-02-08 10:01 AM
    I have an 8gb micro, a 4gb micro and a couple 2gb micros lying around. I keep the 8gb in and I have a bunch of Family Guy episodes and about 6gb of movies on there. I will wait a couple weeks to see if I need the 16gb, and hopefully by then, if I do find out that I need it, the prices will have dropped a little more.
    12-02-08 10:10 AM
    I could use a 32 gig if they had it out. Although more would be preferable. I have a lot of music. I will say that I don't think the media player is up to handling that much music or media yet. I think a few more software updates and it will. For now I'll use the BB when I'm just going to and fro work and the ipod touch at the gym when I need to change the music up a lot.
    12-02-08 10:23 AM
    Guys I'm honestly not trying to be a smart *** but I have a question....

Why would you ever need 16 gigs on a BlackBerry? I mean seriously, are you guys watching movies, listening to music, and storing thousand of pictures?

I haven't received my Storm yet, but I'm assuming 8GB should be fine.

Forgive me for sounding like a noob, I still only use 1GB mini on my 8830.
    Not to be a smarta$$ either but I know that you have heard this before" you can never have too much memory" On your PC or your Phone. and yes I was quoting the price of a micro sdhc memory module. It will be a while till we can afford a 32 Gig sdhc mem module........ George
    12-02-08 10:59 AM
    i could have sworn it only supported up to 16gb. can anyone back this up?
    12-02-08 11:24 AM
    I purchased mine for $57 on eBay, and also received $17 (30%) cashback. Great price.
    Did the same. Should get mine soon I hope. $40 is a deal
    12-02-08 11:27 AM
    I found that avi's are very choppy as well, almost as if the processor cant keep up with playing it. You don't need a different player, you just need to start converting your vids to WMV or MP4 (or even 3gp) to overcome that. For one, the media player in the Storm handles MP4 with no problems, and for two, you can get the file sizes smaller to fit more on your card. Do a forum search for "storm video conversion" and you'll find several threads on doing the conversions.
    12-02-08 12:52 PM
    i could have sworn it only supported up to 16gb. can anyone back this up?

Yes, Blackberry says 16 Gig, but they don't say what the limiting factor is. If it's based on the simple fact that 16 Gig is the largest card you can get right now then once larger cards are available that will change. If it's an OS limitation then it could increase later with OS updates.

I upgraded to the 16 Gig card the day after I got my Storm. I have 7 Gigs of music on it right now, though I intend to fill it to 9 or 10 Gigs eventually. I kept the original card and filled it with a different playlist. Nice thing about having the removeable memory is that you can just use multiple cards and they are easy to swap in and out even for my fat fingers. This essentially makes your memory amount unlimited.
    12-02-08 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD