Hey I was just wondering if it is normal for my screen not to respond when it is off by clicking it. Since .148 I have been required to click the blackberry button or the back button for my storm screen to turn on if it is off. These seems normals as i can no longer call 911 accidently when the phone is in my pocket. It also saves battery life by allowing it to be on in my pocket. This seems like this is suppose to be happening but I just want to make sure that since .148 if the screen on the storm is off then its normal for me to have to touch the buttons for it to turn back on.

Thanks.
    06-19-09 12:14 PM
    Yes it is normal. I believe it's been discussed as well in a number of other threads.
    06-19-09 12:20 PM
    Negative. I have .148 and my screen comes to life when I click it, no need to hit any of the buttons.
    06-19-09 12:24 PM
    Negative. I have .148 and my screen comes to life when I click it, no need to hit any of the buttons.
    Really? I could have sworn that it was an all-around feature in .148 that when locked the screen cannot be turned on by pressing the screen itself. Is your phone locked when you tried that?
    06-19-09 12:28 PM
    Yes when i click it the screen is locked and doesnt turn on, but when the device is unlocked the screen responds.
    06-19-09 12:31 PM
    Okay that's what I meant. When the phone is locked the screen will not respond unless one of the four bottom keys are pressed, however if the phone is unlocked then it will respond if the screen is pressed. Jjd must have had his/hers unlocked when they tried it.
    06-19-09 12:34 PM
    Okay that's what I meant. When the phone is locked the screen will not respond unless one of the four bottom keys are pressed, however if the phone is unlocked then it will respond if the screen is pressed. Jjd must have had his/hers unlocked when they tried it.
    Yup. When locked a screen press does *not* light the screen.
    06-19-09 12:58 PM
    That's a pretty good fix then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD