Have had .148 since it came out and it was working fine. Out of the blue, it started not to dim. It will fade out for a sec then turn back on. I turned off storm slider and did a number of battery pulls. Changed the backlight timeout settings. Nothing has helped. Don't really wanna do a reinstall unless I have to. Any ideas? Thanks.
    05-30-09 12:03 PM
    You have already done the things I would have suggested. Hopefully someone else will more idea's.

Did you try searching for an answer?
    05-30-09 12:08 PM
    Stuff that I found, I already tried.
    05-30-09 12:19 PM
    You probably already made sure, but did you check to make sure you're not in Bedside Mode? That would cause what you're describing.
    05-30-09 12:38 PM
    youre not the only one man. it randomly decides to do it to me too.
    05-30-09 12:40 PM
    When you say you turned off StormSlider, did you uninstall it or just turned it off? Try uninstalling StormSlider (if it's not the Bedside mode thing) and see if that works. Then you can reinstall StormSlider after.
    05-30-09 02:01 PM
    honestly man, i just deleted stormslider and got pattern lock. problem is gone
    05-30-09 09:49 PM
    Haha well that half worked. Now when I hit the lock button, it will dim out. but when it idles dims, it still does the same thing. Maybe I'll just use my insurance and get a new one. Thanks for the help!
    05-31-09 09:07 AM
    Haha well that half worked. Now when I hit the lock button, it will dim out. but when it idles dims, it still does the same thing. Maybe I'll just use my insurance and get a new one. Thanks for the help!
    Did you uninstall StormSlider like 350z-jason did? And maybe install patternlock like he did. I know StormSlider makes serious changes to work with the lock button and dim settings so maybe installing patternlock helped properly reset those settings after uninstalling StormSlider.

Or you can try a clean install of .148 without restoring your apps. Then install apps 1 by 1 once you're stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 10:04 AM
    yea i did all that. It didn't work. BUT..I did actually figure out the problem. I had gotten autostandby and not known that it doesnt work on the storm. So I always have it disabled. It must have enabled some how. When I disabled it again, it started working again like a charm. Sounds stupid. Don't even know why I keep that app installed. Thanks a lot for all the help though!
    05-31-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD