Need to know if it's just me. Has anyone tried this? I actually noticed it since Version 109. Try saving a birthday to one of your contacts and see if your phone completely freezes. I've been having to add the birthday in Outlook then sync it to my phone. Very annoying. Is it just my phone?
    04-06-09 09:49 AM
    Need to know if it's just me. Has anyone tried this? I actually noticed it since Version 109. Try saving a birthday to one of your contacts and see if your phone completely freezes. I've been having to add the birthday in Outlook then sync it to my phone. Very annoying. Is it just my phone?
    I tried it on mine and it froze for about 20 secs then unfroze on it's own. Must be another bug.
    04-06-09 12:10 PM
    Yea noticed it a while ago. Mine doesn't even unfreeze. I have to do a physical battery pull. Tried several times with several different names.
    04-06-09 12:13 PM
    I've just tested with 3 separate contacts on my BB Storm 9530 w/Verizon... I have .114 Hybrid v. 3, and I can add birthdates with no issues so far whatsoever.

You might want to make a post in the support areas over at BlackberryOS
    04-06-09 12:43 PM
    Yeah interesting how some people have the issue and some don't. Maybe a wipe is needed for the ones that do.
    04-06-09 12:50 PM
    What if you were to backup your contacts first, then delete all your contacts, and then re-add one and see if adding the birthday works? Other than that, I can offer no solutions, but mine is working good, and for the heck of it, I tried to add a new contact and add a birthday, and that worked with no glitches. I also edited another contact and changed the birthday, with no glitches. Finally I edit a contact with no birthday and added one, and it worked fine.

It should be noted that I have ~ 260 contacts total.
    04-06-09 01:40 PM
    Hmmm....interesting. Will try that and let you know. I do believe it is a glitch with the sync in outlook between calender and contacts. Will try clearing all my contacts, adding one manually and see if it accepts the birthday and anniversary.
    04-06-09 01:47 PM
    Just as an F.Y.I I did a backup, did a wipe, downgraded to official 75 then upgraded to hybrid 114v3 and all is well. Phone is even faster and I am able to save birthdays and contacts. I think I messed up a few weeks ago doing the upgrade to 114 so that may have caused it. Instead of copying and pasting the Hybrid folder I deleted the original folder and added only the files from the Hybrid. So a few COD files and Java files might have been missing. But...all is well. Thanks for your response.
    04-06-09 10:00 PM
    Just as an F.Y.I I did a backup, did a wipe, downgraded to official 75 then upgraded to hybrid 114v3 and all is well. Phone is even faster and I am able to save birthdays and contacts. I think I messed up a few weeks ago doing the upgrade to 114 so that may have caused it. Instead of copying and pasting the Hybrid folder I deleted the original folder and added only the files from the Hybrid. So a few COD files and Java files might have been missing. But...all is well. Thanks for your response.
    Glad to hear that you were able to get things resolved PrinceJudah ;-)

Regards,
    Taskbar
    04-07-09 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD