When I recieve a text message from from an unknown number it sounds off the custom ringtone for a specific contact. I erased the custom alert for that contact and then it the unknown texts goes to the regular normal ringtone for everyone else. But the funny thing is when I then make the custom alerts for that same contact again, it does it again copying its alert. Even when i change the ringtone (thinking it was a default ringtone for unknown numbers or wever) it copies that contacts ringtone. I have found this problem only with texts so far. This isnt a big deal because im loving .109 but it is weird. I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar problem and if anyone was able to fix it?
    03-04-09 10:36 AM
    I'm having this same problem, but not in .109, it's in the newest official release (.148 I think, I can't keep it straight) I want this specific contact to have their own ringtones, but the verizon messages and not-in-contact messages, and it only happens to texts.

It doesn't matter what I change the ringtone to either, the unknown number messages always use this contacts' ringtones.

were you able to resolve the issue? If so how?
    07-23-09 12:10 PM
    Yep..mine is doing the exact same thing...brutal.
    07-23-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD