1) Quick Calls. Just press the "green hard key" and call log pulls right up.

2) One-Hand Convienence. Just about everything can be done and be done comfortably with one-hand.

3) Feels Good. It fit in my hand like a glove.

4) Trackball. No explantion needed. I'd even like to see a trackball on the Storm. Convert the "end call" hard key to a trackball and re-route the end call function and power on to the "green hard key".

5) Battery Life. I charged my Curve every other night. Storm is a battery drainer. I know this is due to all the extra power it takes to run the Storm. Several days I have had to charge my Storm twice a day.

6) Pysical Keyboard. No explanation needed.

7) Overall Speed. No expalantion needed. Hopefully the updates will fix this.

8) Standard BB Charger. Like I said before, there has been several times where I've had to recharge my Storm during the day but I haven't been near home. However, I was around many other BB users that had the "regular" charger. I guess a car charger can resolve this.

9) Call Quality. I left T-Mobile to be with Verizon and get the Storm. I never had any major problems with voice sound quality. Just "low bars" at time but that may be because I live on an island off the coast of southern GA. With the Storm, all calls seem "muffled". However, they can hear me fine.

10) Camera. The whole picture taking experience with the Storm is painful. And furthermore, even with it having 1.2 more megapixels, I don't see that much of a difference. Hopefully, the OS will help this.

BTW, I'm not a Storm basher by any means. In fact, once the updates occur and are succeesful, I think the pro's certainly will out way the Curve's.
    12-01-08 02:52 PM
    Sounds like you want a Curve, not a Storm.
    12-01-08 03:01 PM
    1) press the green call button > bberry button > options > general > initial screen > change to "call log"
    12-01-08 03:06 PM
    1. Go to options in the phone app and you can set the call log to pop up first instead of the dialpad.

2. & 3. Don't really have issues here.

4. No opinion either way.

5. I've only had to charge once a day so far, but I'm not the heaviest user. FWIW, I pulled mine off the charger around 10:30 last night and I'm at ~70% right now.

6. I miss the thumbboard a bit too, but after a full week with the Storm, I'm almost as fast on the Storm as I was on my 8800.

7. Try the leaked .75 release.

8. Or a micro USB cable and charge it using a PC (if available).

9. I find it to be the opposite. I sometimes have to turn the volume down because I feel like I'm getting my ear blown off.

10. Yeah, the camera is a bit sporked atm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 03:10 PM
    1) press the green call button > bberry button > options > general > initial screen > change to "call log"
    what does this do? *newbie here*
    12-01-08 03:10 PM
    Changes the default phone screen from the dialer to the call log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 03:11 PM
    Thanks for the tip! That is one of the things I like about the Storm (the customization at instances like this). This was an option I missed but now have available on the Storm. Good looking out.
    12-01-08 03:12 PM
    1) Quick Calls. Just press the "green hard key" and call log pulls right up.

2) One-Hand Convienence. Just about everything can be done and be done comfortably with one-hand.

3) Feels Good. It fit in my hand like a glove.

4) Trackball. No explantion needed. I'd even like to see a trackball on the Storm. Convert the "end call" hard key to a trackball and re-route the end call function and power on to the "green hard key".

5) Battery Life. I charged my Curve every other night. Storm is a battery drainer. I know this is due to all the extra power it takes to run the Storm. Several days I have had to charge my Storm twice a day.

6) Pysical Keyboard. No explanation needed.

7) Overall Speed. No expalantion needed. Hopefully the updates will fix this.

8) Standard BB Charger. Like I said before, there has been several times where I've had to recharge my Storm during the day but I haven't been near home. However, I was around many other BB users that had the "regular" charger. I guess a car charger can resolve this.

9) Call Quality. I left T-Mobile to be with Verizon and get the Storm. I never had any major problems with voice sound quality. Just "low bars" at time but that may be because I live on an island off the coast of southern GA. With the Storm, all calls seem "muffled". However, they can hear me fine.

10) Camera. The whole picture taking experience with the Storm is painful. And furthermore, even with it having 1.2 more megapixels, I don't see that much of a difference. Hopefully, the OS will help this.

BTW, I'm not a Storm basher by any means. In fact, once the updates occur and are succeesful, I think the pro's certainly will out way the Curve's.
    1) change your first view to call log
    2) storm is a one hander unless you use qwerty
    3) the storm feels great. nice size,solid build, a little weight feels like better quality.
    4) touch screen is faster than a trackball
    5) .75 has greatly increased battery life. future upgrades will probably improve even more.
    6) ehh got me there
    7) storm flies with new os
    8) buy a new cord
    9) storm call is great. maybe os will help yours....sea,jekyll or st simon?
    10) ugh.....future os
    12-01-08 03:13 PM
    what does this do? *newbie here*
    when you hit the call button, call history will come up first instead of the dial pad
    12-01-08 03:13 PM
    jpf22467 Sounds like you want a Curve, not a Storm.
    Nope. I can list much more things that I enjoy about the Storm than the Curve. The pro's certainly out weigh the con's.

When your in a relationship with a girl (in this case, the Curve) for two years, there are always things that you will miss even though the new girl (in this case, the Storm) is much more prettier and better in bed. Same here dude!!
    12-01-08 03:17 PM
    I've been hitting the camera more and I am really seeing a difference over my old 2mp camera. On the storm screen it doesn't look like much of a difference but when I upload it to my PC and see it side by side with the pics off my old camera, the higher quality does stand out. I love the auto-focusing too.

Flash is unbelievably bright though, I have very few pictures without the person wincing lol.

Yeah, and it's slow.
    12-01-08 03:25 PM
    Thanks for the tip to have your contacts/call log come up instead of the dialpad. I swear I learn something new on this thing everyday.
    12-01-08 03:25 PM
    Nope. I can list much more things that I enjoy about the Storm than the Curve. The pro's certainly out weigh the con's.

When your in a relationship with a girl (in this case, the Curve) for two years, there are always things that you will miss even though the new girl (in this case, the Storm) is much more prettier and better in bed. Same here dude!!
    hahaha that's a pretty good analogy.. gotta love the crackberry community!
    12-01-08 03:26 PM
    ironxman99 1) press the green call button > bberry button > options > general > initial screen > change to "call log"
    Thanks. This helps a lot.
    12-01-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD