So my storm was kinda acting slow and I checked the status and it showed that the memory was 0. Ofcourse I did a battery pull and things got better. I wish there was a better way to refresh the memory not by installing some program or pulling the battery. I only use my Storm for phone and email and I only have google map installed other than what it came with. I dont understand how people have tons of other apps and still have 20-30 MB free most of the time.
    02-18-09 06:11 PM
    So my storm was kinda acting slow and I checked the status and it showed that the memory was 0. Ofcourse I did a battery pull and things got better. I wish there was a better way to refresh the memory not by installing some program or pulling the battery. I only use my Storm for phone and email and I only have google map installed other than what it came with. I dont understand how people have tons of other apps and still have 20-30 MB free most of the time.
    Is there any way you can take a picture of this with a different camera? Most BB's will not operate with a File Free under 5-6MB. not to sound like an arse but, I'd like to see that.
    02-18-09 06:14 PM
    Is there any way you can take a picture of this with a different camera? Most BB's will not operate with a File Free under 5-6MB. not to sound like an arse but, I'd like to see that.
    I sure will the next time it happens.
    02-18-09 06:19 PM
    Mine goes down to 2MB all the time with no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 06:21 PM
    I guess the Storm is less dependent on memory than other BB's. With most BB's running 4.6 and under you need at least 10MB of File Free for the thing to operate properly. Guess you guys (Storm owners) are lucky.
    02-18-09 06:25 PM
    Actually I also have had many times where my phone is at 0kb and I have posted this before... While I'm at 0 my phone is still snappy as ever....

02-18-09 06:34 PM
    i've been down to 0mb as well. although not snappy, it did operate.
    02-18-09 06:44 PM
    Mine is currently at 0.0KB free. I don't have a way to take a pic, but believe me, that is what it says. I am searching to see if I can find a solution, because I can't get it to go back up with batt pulls or anything.
    03-08-09 10:25 PM
    with .109 i run out off app memory.. i checked my log and look at this message
    03-08-09 10:41 PM
    If you want to increase some here's a good link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-08-09 10:43 PM
    I recall my phone memory went down to zero too. The phone still snappy though. But just now I did a battery pull because my device was out of memory couldn't do anything without the clock showing up then I just waited and got the out of memory error. I am running .109 but they should fix this think.

03-08-09 10:46 PM
    Download quickpull and set it to reset every day at like 430 am - so this wont happen so you wont have memmory leaks - i do it and it keeps my storm running smooth so i never have to do a battery pull - also delete all the crap u dont use like chinese and japanes letters...
    03-08-09 10:46 PM
    The memory is fine until you actually start using the phone for its use

03-08-09 10:47 PM
    i just looked and ive been running my phone all day - texting emailing facebook web browsing the ussual and since i use quickpull my meme has been great it reset at 430 am and its now almost twelve and i have 40.6 mb left!!!!! amazing right!
    03-08-09 10:48 PM
    Batt pull won't resolve the problem for me. I have done three batt pulls, each waiting longer times before putting the batt back in. But Each time, I let it reboot for an ungodly amount of time and check memory and I still have 0.0KB free. I am going to try restoring to a backup. I am running 109. If that doesn't work I will try downgrading.
    03-08-09 11:00 PM
    Had never been this low before, this was taken earlier today. Checked it about 5 minutes later and it was back up to 2.1mb.

Meh.

03-08-09 11:03 PM
    Batt pull won't resolve the problem for me. I have done three batt pulls, each waiting longer times before putting the batt back in. But Each time, I let it reboot for an ungodly amount of time and check memory and I still have 0.0KB free. I am going to try restoring to a backup. I am running 109. If that doesn't work I will try downgrading.
    Whats apps you have running?
    Try restoring idk what else to tell you
    03-08-09 11:03 PM
    If you want to increase some here's a good link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    There you go again, posting that damn link for the six thousandth time.
    03-08-09 11:04 PM
    What apps do you have installed on your phone? Are you using the camera on the phone? If so where is it storing the pictures? Do you have a lot of themes installed? The short and sweet of it is get rid of anything that you are not really using. Follow the link in my signature for how to increase your free file memory and I would be willing to bet that you are going to increase that number as well as find that the phone will become more responsive.
    03-08-09 11:12 PM
    The apps that are running are Browser, Phone, Home Screen, BBLight and Messages. I have two themes installed, one being the default and all unnessesary apps are gone. I have done all mem cleaning tips already. All pics, ringtones, music, etc save and are stored on the mem card.

As far as I can tell, everything is in perfect working order to have a smooth system.

Just tried a backup and that hasn't work either. I am thinking its either a hardware issue, or an os bug. I am hoping for an os bug, so I will try downgrading.
    03-08-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD