Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 68.29%
  • Maybe

7 17.07%
  • No

6 14.63%
    I am working on my first theme that I want to sell and am wondering if people would be more likely to buy a theme if it cost just $0.99. Anyone want to test my theme before it is out? All I ask is that you give me honest feedback about what you want to see changed, added or removed. You will also get the final version for free. PM or BBM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by inimrepus; 03-25-10 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Add more information
    03-24-10 07:58 AM
    I Think a dollar is a fair price. If its your first might wanna run it free to show people your skilz. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 08:05 AM
    heck, I've paid more than that for a theme i wanted lol
    03-24-10 08:08 AM
    I Think a dollar is a fair price. If its your first might wanna run it free to show people your skilz. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I think it is a fairly good theme (not the best ever by any means). It has a custom home page layout with 10 customizable icons, today area, custom background and colours. I also hope to put a custom lock screen in. There is some work still to do to make it look better but I think it will be worth the money. I also want to run a contest to give some copies away. Also if somebody is interested I might want somebody to test the theme. PM me if you want to test it, I will only pick a couple people.
    03-24-10 08:14 AM
    I really don't care how much it costs. If I like it, I am going to buy it. I would more likely buy a theme even if I don't like it that much if it cost $0.99.
    03-24-10 08:21 AM
    That's a good price. The most i'd pay for a theme is $2. When i download free themes i donate 2 bucks.
    03-24-10 08:27 AM
    I agree, $2 is normally the max I will pay for a new theme. The free themes that are posted here I usually like more than the those that I pay for so I donate $5 to the author. The themes posted for $5-$7 I take a pass on, I understand they deserve to be compensated for their work but there is a limit and mine is at $2.

Just my 2 cents.
    03-24-10 08:11 PM
    Well I think it is a fairly good theme (not the best ever by any means). It has a custom home page layout with 10 customizable icons, today area, custom background and colours. I also hope to put a custom lock screen in. There is some work still to do to make it look better but I think it will be worth the money. I also want to run a contest to give some copies away. Also if somebody is interested I might want somebody to test the theme. PM me if you want to test it, I will only pick a couple people.
    Sounds like a pretty good thing ya got goin. I'm a theme junkie and I was just thinkin about dhooch mostly. He made a theme and put it out there for a while and let the people give feedback and help shape it. Then he transformed it into what was Transparency. Closed the free side link and charged for the finished product.

I have much respect for all the theme developers out there and can appreciate all of theme. Which is probably why I have sooooooo many.

Do your thing and I'm sure I'll probably have to throw a dollar your way.

Jalaw just did the same thing with his new theme. Put up an ota and left it for 12 hrs, shut it down and took suggestions.
    Final product will drop soon.
    Last edited by Testingchip; 03-24-10 at 10:28 PM.
    03-24-10 10:01 PM
    Sounds like a pretty good thing ya got goin. I'm a theme junkie and I was just thinkin about dhooch mostly. He made a theme and put it out there for a while and let the people give feedback and help shape it. Then he transformed it into what was Transparency. Closed the free side link and charged for the finished product.

I have much respect for all the theme developers out there and can appreciate all of theme. Which is probably why I have sooooooo many.

Do your thing and I'm sure I'll probably have to throw a dollar your way.

Jalaw just did the same thing with his new theme. Put up an ota and left it for 12 hrs, shut it down and took suggestions.
    Final product will drop soon.
    I think I understand what you are saying now. I will take what your saying with consideration because it does seem like a good idea. Thanks
    03-25-10 02:20 PM
    if i could buy themes ( that would be sooo sweet, but i cant no paypal or cc ) i would pay up to 3 dollars..maybe $4-$5 for themes with great detail like Guzzl3rs and a few others..
    03-25-10 02:42 PM
    I've probably spent at least $50 in themes alone; they're addicting.
    03-25-10 03:10 PM
    Just my opinion..but I definitely think you should get some feedback before you decide on a price..if it grabs a lot of attention you might snag a few extra bucks.
    03-25-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD