Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What Main Color Should The New Free Theme Be?

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

34 10.49%
  • Green

21 6.48%
  • Blue

68 20.99%
  • Yellow

7 2.16%
  • Orange

25 7.72%
  • Pink

12 3.70%
  • Purple

19 5.86%
  • Black

121 37.35%
  • White

33 10.19%
  • Chrome

58 17.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Arrow Shine :: WJD Designs :: FREE THEME :: THIS IS FOR YOU THE PEOPLE!

SOOO you guys want a free theme... well my time is money and I do good work and like to be paid BUT that doesn't mean Im not human! I like free stuff to, so I thought about a project to see what the people want.... here it is!

SHINE ( Dont ask me the name I dunno haha sounds neat and clean! )
    151 Approved!

3 Customizable Hidden Rows (Non Today Has 1 Row)
    1 On Screen Custom Icon
    Hidden Shortcut to Quicklaunch - Clock - Calendar - Manage Connections
    Sound Profile on Screen so you know what your on!
    Custom 10 Step Battery Meter
    Smooth Signal Meter
    Fully Themed and Ready to go DOWNLOAD NOW FOR FREE!

Features:

* 3 Customizable Hidden Rows (Today has 1 Row)
    * 1 On Screen Custom Icon
    * Hidden Shortcut to Quicklaunch - Clock - Calendar - Manage Connections
    * Sound Profile on Screen so you know what your on!
    * Custom 10 Step Battery Meter
    * Smooth Signal Meter
    * Fully Themed and Ready to go
    * A WJD Designs Theme

Shortcuts that are Hidden Include-
    Clock - Click The Clock
    Calendar - Click The Date
    Manage Connections - Click the Signal Meter
    QuickLaunch - Click Under Date Box

Minimum Requirements:

* Blackberry Storm 9500
    * OS 4.7
    * (Tested On 9530)

For All Of you I say Thanks for Helping me with this project... I wont be able to make everyone happy I know this, but I still can make SOME people happy and thats why I do this... Im not here to steal your money - we as theme designers hate to hear (I WONT PAY ANY MONEY FOR THIS THEME - or - 5 BUCKS FOR A THEME PSHHH tons of free one out there that are better!... )

Well you get what you pay for... I know I make sure to keep a great customer support and help everyone I can out - do free themers do that? I feel obligated to everyone who spend their money on my themes... This is what I do for a living... so I take it to heart... Im glad I can bring you this free theme which might spark interest in my other themes...

Thanks for all of your suggestions and remember - it isnt a WJD Designs Theme - IT ISNT MINE!

-WJD DESIGNS

Last edited by YourFriendWayneD; 07-07-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) For all your Premium Theme Needs!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don’t know if you would do this for free or not but this is something I would like to see. Even if this does not make your free theme, let me know if you would be interested I would be happy to donate to you.

What I would like is a design that is really a mixture of some other themes I have seen. I will do my best to explain what I am going for.

Home Screen:
    If you look at the top of the “Evo” theme. That is posted on CrackBerry. (theme is here http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/bl...ry-evo-250331/ )It has three buttons for messages, browser, and profiles. I really like the design of the buttons he created and the overall look of the home screen. I really would like to have the buttons created similar to that. But no profiles, instead I would like to have messages, browser and calendar. If you could fit four buttons I would also like to have bb messenger.

On the bottom of the screen I would like to have a hidden dock. Kind of like the one found in KD’s Vista complete theme. With icons 8-10 user definable icons that scroll in the same manner as his side dock in the Vista Complete. Vista complete can be found here http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/vi...ersion-195428/
    I plan on using this section for third party apps.

I also would like to have another hidden dock that slides from the side exposing a menu with text only to launch applications. Like media, camera, options etc… I would like for it to have a similar look to quick launch type menu style.

If you could make it with a hidden today for the calendar and messages would be awesome. And include some hidden hotspots like signal meter for manage connection.

And last but not least is there any way you can make a hidden hot spot for Quick Launch and make the Battery meter a hidden hot spot for Meter Berry. I like the dark overall look to the theme like the Evo theme. But as for the icons I would like theme to have some color. I really like icons that mix well with 3rd party app’s icons. I want to keep the theme very clean and home screen looking similar to the Evo style for the buttons and such. I hope that this all made since to you.

I know this was kind of long, but thank you for taking the time to read it. I don’t expect it to look just like the themes I referenced, I just intended to use them as reference of the style I am going for.
    CrackBerry User

dude, that's a really long request, haha...
    instead of the hidden slide side dock with text only, isn't it enough to have quicklaunch hotspot there, haha, too many hidden docks is not exactly nice either

and it'd be really cool if a theme likee you request can be made, I really like the look of evo homescreen myself, but for the icons and highlight for choosing and stuffs, I think it's better if we use something like the "slyde" theme by stephen (don't know if spelled right) it's kinda like the bold icon, but doesn't glow, making highlighting third party icon possible, and the icons itself are just colorful enough to look good with third party icons, lol

and for the background, it can be just something dark and not too complicated, keeping it simple and tidy and same goes for the lock screen
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah I know it is kinda a tall order...but I figured what the hey, I will give it a go at a request.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Can Everyone help my reading by doing this number system...
    Thanks so far and im pulling stuff apart..if you can guys throw some images in to...to better help...

1 : Do the Color Poll on This Thread to tell me what the main color of this theme will be (Multiple Colors Are Selectable!)...

2 : Tell me what kind of Icon look you guys want - Include textures - color - ideas etc

3 : Home Screen - What Features and Docking Style or Features you would like to see...

4 : Application background - Got a background you have beenw aiting to see on the app screen : SHOW ME!

5: Buttons? Got any Ideas?

6: Lock Screen Pics - Pour Them OUT! SHOW ME

7: Tell me if theres anything that you want me to include any misc stuff...

PLEASE NUMBER IT SO ITS EASY FOR ME TO READ!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

By the way... I can do alot of what you see on other themes...and this is not meant to copy themes..im trying to make this unique..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey man, glad your listenin to the people! Great idea dude
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    me if you need help 306CF815

1 : Do the Color Poll on This Thread to tell me what the main color of this theme will be (Multiple Colors Are Selectable!)...
    Chose green, but i really meant for the highlight color.
    2 : Tell me what kind of Icon look you guys want - Include textures - color - ideas etc
    anything except bold and iphone icons... im kinda sick of those
    3 : Home Screen - What Features and Docking Style or Features you would like to see...
    for sure a hidden today. it would be cool to have something that allows me to hide the icons, like the android slide. a quicklaunch spot would be cool, although i can just use a spot u make for weather bug or something. 10 icons would be cool
    4 : Application background - Got a background you have beenw aiting to see on the app screen : SHOW ME!
    i prefer for this screen to be just black but im pretty sure a lot of people have something else in mind. i think it is the one screen that allows me to admire the icons no matter what. black makes it look clean.
    what do u mean buttons?
    again doesnt matter to me because i have patternlock
    i just think it would be really cool to have a neon green highligh on everything, like when a text box pops up with the correct word, or even when copy and pasting. i know the keyboard color file isnt accesible right now because of rim, but it would be cool to eventually change the blue to a neon green. also it would be cool to make it .151 or .151 hybrid compatible, mainly because i have the hybrid.

Thanks for reading my post, hope you are able to implement some of my ideas in your theme. keep up the good work
    Storm owner since 11/23/08
    Currently running 5.0.0.230

I've got a brute
    MyBrute
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ahern090 View Post
    Chose green, but i really meant for the highlight color.
    anything except bold and iphone icons... im kinda sick of those
    for sure a hidden today. it would be cool to have something that allows me to hide the icons, like the android slide. a quicklaunch spot would be cool, although i can just use a spot u make for weather bug or something. 10 icons would be cool
    i prefer for this screen to be just black but im pretty sure a lot of people have something else in mind. i think it is the one screen that allows me to admire the icons no matter what. black makes it look clean.
    what do u mean buttons?
    again doesnt matter to me because i have patternlock
    i just think it would be really cool to have a neon green highligh on everything, like when a text box pops up with the correct word, or even when copy and pasting. i know the keyboard color file isnt accesible right now because of rim, but it would be cool to eventually change the blue to a neon green. also it would be cool to make it .151 or .151 hybrid compatible, mainly because i have the hybrid.

Thanks for reading my post, hope you are able to implement some of my ideas in your theme. keep up the good work
    THIS WILL BE 151 Compatible - Buttons I mean...like on the dialog boxes - thanks for doing the number thing...that really helped me out...pretty good ideas so far...like the black background for app screen...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YourFriendWayneD View Post
    Can Everyone help my reading by doing this number system...
    Thanks so far and im pulling stuff apart..if you can guys throw some images in to...to better help...

1 : Do the Color Poll on This Thread to tell me what the main color of this theme will be (Multiple Colors Are Selectable!)... - Silvery/blueish/white? lol

2 : Tell me what kind of Icon look you guys want - Include textures - color - ideas etc - I got spoiled with Gant icons like the icons in GrungyGant, but not grunge. Gant by Manhattan I believe? AND PLEASE skin the up/downloading arrows and the hourglass

3 : Home Screen - What Features and Docking Style or Features you would like to see... - hot buttons on right and left for 5 icons per dock - bottom, right, or top dock, but 5 icons per

4 : Application background - Got a background you have beenw aiting to see on the app screen : SHOW ME! - leather works for me simple and shouldn't be too sluggish

5: Buttons? Got any Ideas? - apps, connections, options, calendar, clock, WB

PLEASE NUMBER IT SO ITS EASY FOR ME TO READ!
    Blue answers. Pretty simple tastes, thanks for the opportunity to give input
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by gjbsource View Post
    Blue answers. Pretty simple tastes, thanks for the opportunity to give input
    Thanks for all the feedback people.. you should see my list im writing down and im constantly lookin at the poll...its deff gonna be hard working this style but its worth it to give back...soon enough ill make some icon sets and ill see if you guys say ya or nay... s n enough
    CrackBerry User

Smile free theme idea

Wow! A great developer with a hankering to make a free theme! I've been searching for a theme featuring the Fox tv show Bones. (Wallpaper ideas at fox.com/bones) Icons that go with the FBI/Forensic science theme of the show, there may be some at Dryicons..? Dark backgrounds...really not a fan of white-background wallpapers. The darker backgrounds are easier to see and look richer and more dimensional. Font color could be a creepy neon blue-green like xray. The docking, well I like the vertical slider bar like the eveek lush theme has with 9 customizable icons with Today feature. If you can get 10 on the dock that'd be great...so many apps so little time! The only Bones theme I can find is for a -gasp!- Nokia phone (and it had a ugly main wallpaper) and hey Blackberry (Storm 9530!) Rocks! If it isn't BB it doesn't exist! Even if this doesn't make your freebie, I can donate if you'd like to make it. I think it would be popular though because a lot of people do watch this show and Crackberry even has the ringtone from the show for free (which is by Crystal Method) so you can go all the way with your theme and have the matching ringtone. How cool is that? Please respond so I know if you'd like to make this...thanks so much for your time!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Optixx View Post
    Wow! A great developer with a hankering to make a free theme! I've been searching for a theme featuring the Fox tv show Bones. (Wallpaper ideas at fox.com/bones) Icons that go with the FBI/Forensic science theme of the show, there may be some at Dryicons..? Dark backgrounds...really not a fan of white-background wallpapers. The darker backgrounds are easier to see and look richer and more dimensional. Font color could be a creepy neon blue-green like xray. The docking, well I like the vertical slider bar like the eveek lush theme has with 9 customizable icons with Today feature. If you can get 10 on the dock that'd be great...so many apps so little time! The only Bones theme I can find is for a -gasp!- Nokia phone (and it had a ugly main wallpaper) and hey Blackberry (Storm 9530!) Rocks! If it isn't BB it doesn't exist! Even if this doesn't make your freebie, I can donate if you'd like to make it. I think it would be popular though because a lot of people do watch this show and Crackberry even has the ringtone from the show for free (which is by Crystal Method) so you can go all the way with your theme and have the matching ringtone. How cool is that? Please respond so I know if you'd like to make this...thanks so much for your time!
    :O I have a theme named after u, hahahaha
    GET KD THEMES HERE
    For KD Themes news and updates follow me on My Twitter
    CrackBerry User

Wink

1 : Color -
    Dark/Black based - not too colorful, I tend to like 'Professional' themes.

2 : Icons -
    Please, just no iPhone, other device or already overused sets (grunge, etc).
    Deviant Art has tons of nice icon sets.
    Nemesis II
    Slyd
    Boay
    Alpha 3
    Champicons
    Wraith
    B.L.A.C.K.
    SE Interface (red) Also available in other colors .
    -Apparently all the ones I picked are dark...

3 : Home Screen -
    Dock - I really liked what Philster did here - Blue Rhythm. In the end it was just a bit clunky, but an excellent early try, it is different.
    I seem to need at least five (5) icon slots available - messages, sms, calendar, youmail, facecall.
    Hidden Today is a must.
    Weather slot is preferred.
    Customizable icon placement of course.
    Hidden StormStat/Meterberry is an excellent idea (miro)
    5 or 6 static icons plus a dock of some kind would be excellent. If the main icons are to slide in and out via a doc, make sure they do not un-trigger whichever today feature is showing.

4 : Application background -
    Hmm, tough one. Not to colorful, tends to make the theme look to busy, less aesthetically pleasing, can also interfere with being able to clearly see the icon you are looking for.

Buttons? Different from Icons? I'm guessing either hidden launch areas or to launch the dock?
    I would however prefer to see hidden launch areas in the banner(s) for Sound Profiles, Clock, Connections, etc.

6: Lock Screen Pics -
    I got none.
    Probably just a lock icon showing over the wallpaper, perhaps a hint of the interface on some edges.

7: misc stuff...
    Hard coded links (icons mainly) to things that are less used (options, web) I find undesireable.
    My main usage is day to day communications (lots of email and sms) and some scheduling, though I browse the web a fair amount, but I turn the phone sideways whereupon I have quick access to many icons (like the browser).
    Clicking the main screen to launch App list - Why? there is a BB button right there below my screen (at least why use the whole screen, and again - sideways usage).
    However, several hidden areas like elle has, is not a horrible idea, but which?

Ideally... I want a Landscape based theme, but I'm told it's impossible at this point.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

How about THIS clock. There is a Theme out for this but I think the clock is crap. Blackberries always have small clocks but this one is nice.

http://onlygizmos.com/content/2009/05/htc-hero.jpg

Or this one that has sliding panels sorta like the PRE. You could use the sliding docs on the sides as cards for different categories like MEDIA (pics, vids, Opera, podtrapper ect) and the other side for Productivity (like docs to go, gmail, contacts ect).
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by m4532v View Post

How about THIS clock. There is a Theme out for this but I think the clock is crap. Blackberries always have small clocks but this one is nice.

http://onlygizmos.com/content/2009/05/htc-hero.jpg

Or this one that has sliding panels sorta like the PRE. You could use the sliding docs on the sides as cards for different categories like MEDIA (pics, vids, Opera, podtrapper ect) and the other side for Productivity (like docs to go, gmail, contacts ect).

All though I cant make the clock do anything advanced other then change like a digital clock (but I like the large clock interface - maybe the icon dock with have a popup background so that it will lay over the clock fine... Still getting great Idea - seems a nice black squarish icon look will be sufficient... make it look glossy to stand out maybe... its all starting to come together and everyone is making great comment...

I know even if I make it as close as represented by everyone...still people will complain.. but I will do as I can to do my best for this theme...

Id like to finish this theme by the end of the first week of July -

Thanks everyone and im still watching haha... keep it goin till the end of the month!
    CrackBerry User

Wow! This looks amazing so far. Have u come up with a eta on this bad boy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Very Soon... ONE QUICK ? - Today or Not Today
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Hidden today? Sweet

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Does everyone use today? I make a lot of themes and when I do add today people complain...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

+1 for hidden today...its a MUST on ALL of my themes i use.
    CrackBerry User

Gotta with hidden today... Its a must

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    PIN
    3061164e

hidden today please
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

that looks pretty slick to me.
    is it the one for grabs?!
    "Ai no kea cuz mah STORM moa bettah"
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,050 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

(Home Screen) 3 Hidden Buttons Show/Hide each row :: One Single Custom Icon up top will show weather or w/e you want :: On Screen Profile Icon will show you exactly what mode your in :: And Hidden QL will be Coming Soon :: More Shortcuts will be added - so tell me which shortcuts we need people!

Nice Sleek Design - Kept Simple and Clear - Non Iphone style - Non Stock Icon Style

Everything is Starting to come together...suggestions are open...so SHOOT!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast